Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #46
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi Jakub,

I converted the files and installed them on the emulator and there (like the Russian) they work. Then I installed the same files on the DR, unfortunately, it does not seem to work there. My knowledge w.r.t translations is not big enough, so I so not know where to search for a solution. Does anyone have an idea?
Could there be a difference in configuration settings that does not allow to use the correct .mo -files on the target?

Thanks,
Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #47
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Good news, we can blame Bill for the problems. For some reasons some of the files names in /usr/lib/locale/pl_PL (and ru_RU) got converted to lower-case. Detecting this (using strace :-), fixing this and resetting the DR solved my problem. I do not know why windows decides to make some file lower-case, so I need to figure out how to make reliable installation files.

@jakubd: I will send you a PM on how to continue with the Polish translation.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #48
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Good news, we can blame Bill for the problems. For some reasons some of the files names in /usr/lib/locale/pl_PL (and ru_RU) got converted to lower-case. Detecting this (using strace :-), fixing this and resetting the DR solved my problem. I do not know why windows decides to make some file lower-case, so I need to figure out how to make reliable installation files.

@jakubd: I will send you a PM on how to continue with the Polish translation.
One idea; Uncompress directly from the .zip file to the /usr/xxx proper location.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #49
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
One idea; Uncompress directly from the .zip file to the /usr/xxx proper location.
Thanks for the hint using tar.gz -file does the trick.