Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Opus shuts down after being turned off to deep-sleep mode - FW 2.1

I usually turn off my Opus (firmware 2.1) to deep-sleep mode for instant reading after a reading session. An image appers on the screen as usual.

But when I pick it up for a new session several hours later, I find the device shut down, i.e. with a blank screen and the turned off icon in the upper-left corner. This happens even though the battery has plenty of charge.

I didn't use firmware 2.0 much because I upgraded to 2.1 soon after buying the Opus, but I don't seem to remember such a behavior in 2.0. Is this a bug or a feature? What am I doing wrong?
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Do you have "auto-shutdown" turned on? I'm not sure it should be triggered while in sleep mode, but it could be...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Do you have "auto-shutdown" turned on? I'm not sure it should be triggered while in sleep mode, but it could be...
I do have auto-shutdown turned on, but it was that way also with 2.0.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Mine was doing the same thing until I turned auto shutdown off.

I also noticed that if it shuts down it doesn't remember the setting for inverting the buttons. The setting will be checked, but doesn't work unless you uncheck and recheck it again.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
To save more battery, the "sleep mode" will completly shutdown the device avec 24h of sleep.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
To save more battery, the "sleep mode" will completly shutdown the device avec 24h of sleep.
Not if you turn auto-shutdown off. Mine's been in 'sleep mode' for four days now.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Not if you turn auto-shutdown off. Mine's been in 'sleep mode' for four days now.
Yes that's true, I don't know if it's a bug by the way. And the 24h shutdown is NOT a bug, but a feature to try to save the maximum of battery.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Yes that's true, I don't know if it's a bug by the way. And the 24h shutdown is NOT a bug, but a feature to try to save the maximum of battery.
Maybe mine's bugged then. Mine shuts down based on whatever time the auto power off is set to (5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes or never).
Old 07-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
Godzil

In fact, the "Auto Power Down" (APD for short) setting will set the how long while idling the device will set himself in deepsleep. And when it is deepsleep, whatever the time you set for APD and if this is the APD or you that put the device in deepsleep, if you don't use it for more than 24h, it will shutdown to preserve battery.

But if you disable the APD, and put the device in deepsleep it will NOT automaticaly shutdown after 24 hours.

What can be concidered as a bug, is that the 24h shutdown should have it's own option, and not depends on the APD setting.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Thanks for the info. It doesn't bother me if it shutsdown after a time, but I wish it wouldn't loose the inverted button setting when it does.