Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
ttnews
ttnews began at the beginning.

Device: none
Rooted nook and Opera mini 4.2 for nook?

Hi there, I just got my nook rooted with softroot + android SDK. It is fairly easy.
(First downgrade nook to 1.0.0 for softroot to work, then upgrade to nook 1.1.1 version after getting it rooted).
I tested the appLauncher together with nookBrowser.

Now I can surf the Internet with nook via my home Wi-Fi.

I knew that Opera 4.2 final has been out for android
My question is: anyone there got a working Opera 4.2 in nook?

-ttnews
ttnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Agreed! Nook will be more perfect with Opera mini.

BTW, who knows how much RAM (64MB?) inside Nook and how much left for running application?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Are there freely downloadable sources for Opera mini?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I don't think they officially give out source code.

Opera Mini on Android need jvm to run?; Nook supports JVM or is able to?

Last edited by bthoven; 03-11-2010 at 01:50 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
ctos
Enthusiast
ctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook, G1
I think Opera mini can be installed in nook without any problem. But it is unusable in nook.

With my testing, android app can be installed in nook without problem, I have installed a couple of offline RSS reader clients, all of them can startup normally.

Because currently nearly all android apps are designed for phone with touch screen, but in nook only part of screen is touchable (app treat e-ink screen and below touch screen as a big screen), The biggest issue is input, so far you have no way to control most apps, except you use VNC.
ctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert