Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
How to enter network key on PocketBook 302

Hi.
I have an opportunity to test PocketBook 302 for a couple of days. The device was lent to me by a very good friend that purchased it from PocketBook.

The display is nice. I suspect that somebody (perhaps a German distributor) has put a matte foil on display so it is not shiny. Touchscreen reacts very nicely to finger or stylus. Buttons are located very conveniently for me and I have a very good feeling when I am handling the device. I dislike fingerprints on the screen. (I will be more specific when I write a "proper" review.)

I am trying to connect to the wireless network I have at home so I can try out features that are different from my PocketBook 360.
It took me a little while to find device MAC address (on the About screen) so I could put the device on my WiFi router list of allowed MAC adresses.
I have selected WPA-PSK encryption according to the settings on my WiFi router and now I am trying to enter "network key".
The problem is, the keyboard that displays for entering the passkey is not a "touchscreen keyboard" but it looks exactly on-screen keyboard on my PocketBook 360. I can not figure out how to operate the keyboard. The device does nt have up, down, left, right keys that I use to operate this kind of keyboard on my PocketBook 360.

The same situation is when I go to the library, hold OK select File, Move to folder, select (Create Folder) and again I am presented with an on-screen keyboard that is identical to the one I have on PocketBook 360. I can not figure out how to use this keyboard. It does not react to touching the screen and device lacks keys to navigate it.

When I try to create a note, for example, I am presented with touchscreen keyboard where I simply touch the screen with a stylus or finger and I can write name of notebook or whatever.
kacir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
The screen keyboard you describe should react on touch. So it does it to me.

Try to hardreset your 302 (holding the 2 bigger Buttons on startup).
Or try to update the firmware.
If you have tried all of this options already, i dunno whats wrong with your 302.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
The screen keyboard you describe should react on touch. So it does it to me.

Try to hardreset your 302 (holding the 2 bigger Buttons on startup).
Or try to update the firmware.
If you have tried all of this options already, i dunno whats wrong with your 302.
Look at this photos.
They should explain things
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=11
Old 05-05-2010, 02:59 AM   #4
zilyal
Connoisseur
zilyal began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302
Which firmware are you using? And which keyboard layout? Because when I want to enter the password, the keyboard shown in your first photo opens - and it functions just as it should.
zilyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilyal View Post
Which firmware are you using? And which keyboard layout? Because when I want to enter the password, the keyboard shown in your first photo opens - and it functions just as it should.
Same here
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilyal View Post
I think I start to see where the problem is.

I will have to contact the owner of the device to try it out. You might have noticed that the owner has set his keyboard to CZ variant - supplied by seller (Czech company Accomp). I did not bother to change it to default before starting testing.
Exactly according to Murphy's law I was extremely busy with other activities those two days when I had opportunity to test PB 302 ;-)
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
zilyal
Connoisseur
zilyal began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post

I will have to contact the owner of the device to try it out. You might have noticed that the owner has set his keyboard to CZ variant - supplied by seller (Czech company Accomp). I did not bother to change it to default before starting testing.
Exactly according to Murphy's law I was extremely busy with other activities those two days when I had opportunity to test PB 302 ;-)
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a bit more time to play with this device. Yes, I did notice the CZ and suspected a different keyboard layout, but it still shouldn't override the firmware's decision, which type of keyboard is used. I've tried the Russian and Ukrainian keyboard layouts, and they behave as they should, too, so it seems to me that the problem is with the proprietary (?) Czech version...
zilyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post

CONFIRMED.
the "wrong keyboard" bug manifests itself only if user selects keyboard layout that was loaded on the user visible /system/keyboard/ directory.
The keyboard layout was supplied by the company that sold the PocketBook 302.

There is still bug.
Wrong keyboard definition file for different language can screw up the keyboard presentation.

Thank you for help.