Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #16
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Some additional discounts from HarperCollins:

Intervamption by Kristin Miller ($0.99)
Diaries of an Urban Panther by Amanda Arista ($0.99)
Final Appeal by Lisa Scottoline ($2.99)
Dirt by Stuart Woods ($1.99)
Dead in the Water by Stuart Woods ($3.99)
The Story, NIV: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People ($3.99)

The Law of Nines by Terry Goodkind ($3.74 only in some markets: africa, asia, lat america, india, middle east)

Nauti and Wild by Lora Leigh and Jaci Burton ($2.37 Australia, $4.37: africa, asia, lat america, india, middle east)

Last edited by koland; 09-27-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #17
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
In the meantime, feel free to contribute 4 cents to my retirement plan (and my grandparents won't even have to borrow from your bank account, to help me out).
Alas, I can only contribute 3 cents to your retirement plans, as being of a sadly less non-discriminatory nature when it comes to picking up non-freebies and not caring for pseudo-political thrillers, as well as being decidedly picky even about actually spending real money on e-versions* of the preferably no-romo sf/fantasy/historical/mystery fiction† that I usually buy, there's usually not much which shows up as Bargains to interest me.

So I only went and picked up one $0.89 fantasy title from Michelle Sagara/West (the latter is/was her married name, by the way) from the listing upthread just now, on the reasoning that I was also Helping A Fellow Canadian author and I'd already gotten the 1st in series from an earlier Amazon sale anyway.

Also, unless you're actually posting from the alternate universe where everyone has a backwards anagram name and twirls an evil twin moustache and your blog is also similarly named, I fixed the referrer link, which seems to be typoed throughout that post, before 1-clicking. Unless it really is supposed to be "booksonthekonb", in which case mea culpa and I'll try to find another later.

Anyway, mind you don't spend it all on slow horses and fast (wo)men in your golden years, depending on how your preferences go.

* Not to be confused with eversions, which is what sea cucumbers do when they spit out their guts for predators to eat while they scuttle away, gutless, to safety.

† Bonus points if I get all 4 genres in 1 single book, with a minimum of gratuitous plot-hindering mushy stuff to boot!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Alas, I can only contribute 3 cents to your retirement plans, as being of a sadly less non-discriminatory nature when it comes to picking up non-freebies and not caring for pseudo-political thrillers, as well as being decidedly picky even about actually spending real money on e-versions* of the preferably no-romo sf/fantasy/historical/mystery fiction† that I usually buy, there's usually not much which shows up as Bargains to interest me.
Although that extra penny would have meant not waiting until I am older than Dirt (Stuart Woods $1.99 )

Quote:
So I only went and picked up one $0.89 fantasy title from Michelle Sagara/West (the latter is/was her married name, by the way) from the listing upthread just now, on the reasoning that I was also Helping A Fellow Canadian author and I'd already gotten the 1st in series from an earlier Amazon sale anyway.
I have both of those myself (and have been watching the other two for a price drop).

Quote:
Also, unless you're actually posting from the alternate universe where everyone has a backwards anagram name and twirls an evil twin moustache and your blog is also similarly named, I fixed the referrer link, which seems to be typoed throughout that post, before 1-clicking. Unless it really is supposed to be "booksonthekonb", in which case mea culpa and I'll try to find another later.
LOL! Actually, both work and I have been trying a little experiment, to see who clicks here versus elsewhere. So far, my clicks and earnings at MR are >1/1,000 of what they are elsewhere (of course, when it gets that small, it's hard to measure). The typo version of the tag I created accidentally, so I stuck it in the links for this thread. I did try to get heymaybeiget4centsonthedollarifimlucky-20 as a tag, but it keeps failing the Amazon link checker ....

Quote:
Anyway, mind you don't spend it all on slow horses and fast (wo)men in your golden years, depending on how your preferences go.

* Not to be confused with eversions, which is what sea cucumbers do when they spit out their guts for predators to eat while they scuttle away, gutless, to safety.

† Bonus points if I get all 4 genres in 1 single book, with a minimum of gratuitous plot-hindering mushy stuff to boot!
Got rid of the horse (he was eating us out of house and ... (plus the barn was falling down and he kept following me like a puppy, bopping me in the back and begging for oats). He was fast enough (could outrun or kick the australian shepherd that though it was his personal mission to move him around the field), but definitely not one to place a bet on. I do now, though, have a dog that thinks she is a sea cucumber (at least, I believe that to be true, when comparing your definition to her behavior).

BTW, if you have a KSO (for those that love ads so much, they are willing to ignore them when the case is closed on their Kindle, in return for a few really good book deals), then Ms. Sagara has a pre-order on the list: Cast in Ruin. Please note that although you might only spend a dollar, my retirement fund would benefit by 35 cents, while the author and publisher would make their full amounts based on the list price (not sales price), as it is not an Agency book and AT&T will earn around 7-10 cents for delivering it to your Kindle (unless you choose to use WiFi, in which case your ISP will earn a small fraction of money, unless you drive to a free hotspot, in which case some Arabian sheik will be able to buy a new Rolls for Christmas, after you have to fill up your car with gas). I know that it appears that Amazon would somehow lose money on the deal (after paying the publisher $5.50 for the book), but I have it on good authority that under the new internet economy, they can make it up on volume.

Last edited by koland; 09-27-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Some additional discounts from HarperCollins:

The Breakdown Lane by Jacquelyn Mitchard ($2.99)
Catastrophe by Dick Morris ($1.99)
Parlor Games: Fallen Angel by Julia Templeton, Jess Michaels and Leda Swann ($2.99)

A Witch In Time (A Bewitching Mystery) by Madelyn Alt ($3.97 africa, asia, latin, middle east)
Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 AM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Kindle Daily Deal:

West of the Tularosa, by Louis L'Amour $0.99

Book Description
A collection of classic L’Amour stories, restored to their original magazine versions!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #21
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Already Gone, by John Rector $4.99 pre-order from Thomas Mercer

Book Description
Jake Reese is a writing teacher at an American university. He lives in a small brick Tudor close to campus with his art buyer wife, Diane. His life is quiet-Ordinary even. And he likes it that way. But it wasn't always quiet. Jake's distant past was a life on the streets, inflicting damage and suffering on more people than he can count. And now someone from his past, it seems, has come looking for him.

A raw, gripping thriller about the price paid for past sins, John Rector's third novel is a live wire that crackles with the intensity of a man who has nothing left to lose. When two men attack Jake in a parking lot and cut off his ring finger, he tries to dismiss it as an unlucky case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But when events take a more sinister turn and Diane goes missing, Jake knows he can no longer hide from the truth.

As he embarks on a mission to find his wife, he realizes his dark past is refusing to stay buried, and that his future is about to unfold in ways he could never have imagined.

With taut and brooding prose, Rector paints a formidable portrait of a reformed man's slow descent into a life he thought he had walked away from forever. As the intensity becomes almost unbearable, the pace quickens and the suspense applies an unrelenting, vice-like grip, as ALREADY GONE hurtles toward its ultimate, explosive climax.

Lord and Lady Spy, by Shana Galen - $0.99 sale thru oct 3, also at sourcebooks direct (EPUB/PDF).

Book Description
Lord Adrian and Lady Bridget Smythe have the pictureperfect high society marriage. Little does the ton know that each is one of England's most preeminent spies– with their secret identities guarded even from each other. But what are secret agents to do when the spying game is over and they suddenly discover a whole new spark in each other?

Last edited by koland; 09-27-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #22
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
It looks like it's konb on all of the posts in this thread..... Is this the correct link?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #23
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
It looks like it's konb on all of the posts in this thread..... Is this the correct link?
It is. Thanks to both of your for checking and worrying that I had made a mistake (your combined 49 cents contribution will go towards feeding the puppy this week!).

For those interested, my little experiment in link clicking shows that clicks here probably pay roughly 8 cents/hour worked -- please feel free to start your own thread and join in on the bonanza and we can all retire early!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
koland
Grand Sorcerer

There is a great deal on the pre-order of The Columbus Trilogy: The Silver Bear, Columbus, and Dark Men, by Derek Haas for $2.99; priced individually, these are $6.30 to $9.99 (and Dark Men isn't even released - the hardcover is over $16 on pre-order). I already had The Silver Bear, so snapped this up to get the next two in the trilogy. I suspect this price is an error and could change at any time, although I found the same pre-order price at Barnes & Noble.

Book Description
An e-original omnibus of three suspense novels by the Barry Award-nominated novelist and co-screenwriter of Wanted, 3:10 to Yuma and The Double.

He calls himself Columbus. His real name never meant much to him anyway. He never knew his father, an earnest young congressman, a rising star in the Democratic Party named Abe Mann, or his mother, a prostite whose involvement with Mann would prove dangerous.

All Columbus cares about is his next target. A hit man whose quickly made a name for himself as one of the best despite his years, you can be sure he'll fulfill whatever contract's been given him. Even if those who put out the hit have other plans in mind.

In THE COLUMBUS TRILOGY, the first three novels by Barry Award-nominated author Derek Haas, Columbus squares off against the shadow of his father, Czech crime lords, drug dealers, a prostitution ring, and more, in three acclaimed suspense novels by rising master of the genre.

Last edited by koland; 09-27-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #25
koland
Grand Sorcerer

It took them a while to respond, but Barnes & Noble has finally instituted a NOOK Daily Finds page, where the deal will change daily for those who have one of their readers. Maybe Kobo or Sony will join the fun, for those who have a non-proprietary DRM scheme. Today's selection is Black Hawk Down, by Mark Bowden. It's $7.81 on Kindle, but (today only), it's $2.99 from Barnes & Noble.

Book Description
Ninety-nine elite American soldiers are trapped in the middle of a hostile city. As night falls, they are surrounded by thousands of enemy gunmen. Their wounded are bleeding to death. Their ammunition and supplies are dwindling. This is the story of how they got there-and how they fought their way out. This is the story of war. Black Hawk Down drops you into a crowded marketplace in the heart of Mogadishu, Somalia with the U.S. Special Forces-and puts you in the middle of the most intense firefight American soldiers have fought since the Vietnam War. Late in the afternoon of Sunday, October 3, 1993, the soldiers of Task Force Ranger were sent on a mission to capture two top lieutenants of a renegade warlord and return to base. It was supposed to take them about an hour. Instead, they were pinned down through a long and terrible night in a hostile city, locked in a desperate struggle to kill or be killed. When the unit was finally rescued the following morning, eighteen American soldiers were dead and dozens more badly injured. The Somali toll was far worse: more than five hundred killed and over a thousand wounded.

Award-winning literary journalist Mark Bowden's dramatic narrative captures this harrowing ordeal through the eyes of the young men who fought that day. He draws on his extensive interviews of participants from both sides-as well as classified combat video and radio transcripts-to bring their stories to life. A Black Hawk pilot is shot down and besieged by an angry mob, then saved by Somalis who plan to ransom him to the local warlord. A medic desperately tries to keep his grievously wounded friend alive long enough to be evacuated-only to have him bleed to death in his arms. The company clerk, who is the butt of jokes in the barracks, rises to the task and per-forms extraordinary feats of valor.

Authoritative, gripping, and insightful, Black Hawk Down is a riveting look at the terror and exhilaration of combat, destined to become a classic of war reporting.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #26
koland
Grand Sorcerer

This Girl Isn't Shy, She's Spectacular ($1.28), by Nina Beck, is a young adult title.

Book Description
Samantha Owens is sick of being a good girl. So she's skipping out on her stuffy boarding school and finishing up her senior year in New York City. There, Sam reunites with her former fat-camp roomie, the irrepressible Riley Swain, and is drawn into Riley's high-glamour, high-fashion world of deluxe makeovers, dates with wealthy boys, and wild nights out. Then Sam meets D., the gorgeous, wicked boy who once broke Riley's heart. Sam is supposed to hate D., but she can't. And D. can't seem to stay away from Sam, who never wanted things to get this complicated. But no one said reinventing yourself, or falling in love, was ever supposed to be easy.

How to Abduct a Highland Lord ($2.99) and One Night in Scotland, by Karen Hawkins, are both discounted by Simon & Schuster.

How to Abduct a Highland Lord
It's hardly the type of wedding Fiona MacLean dreamed of. No family, no guests, just a groom who's been dragged -- literally -- to the altar. But if marriage to Black Jack Kincaid, the handsome wastrel she'd sworn never to see again, will avert a bloody war between their clans, so be it. Surely she can share his bed without losing her heart....

Known throughout Scotland and London as a wild rogue, Jack is accustomed to waking in dire situations, but...married? Long ago, he and Fiona reveled in a youthful passion. Now, the fiery, sensual lass is his once more. And though their marriage is in name only, Jack is determined to win her forever -- body and soul....

One Night in Scotland (Hurst Amulet)
New York Times bestselling author Karen Hawkins begins a sparkling new series with this thrilling tale of a desperate beauty on an urgent quest, a dark earl scarred by his beastly past—and the ancient treasure that binds their fates.

A mysterious abductor . . . Someone is holding her brother prisoner in exchange for a gold-and-onyx box covered in mysterious runes, so Mary Hurst boldly sets out from the family vicarage to find the priceless artifact. But the man who possesses it, Angus Hay, the Earl of Erroll, is less than sympathetic to her plight.

A forbidding stranger . . . Himself a prisoner of his dark past, Angus refuses to yield the box—or allow Mary to leave! Suspicious of the alluring lass’s mission, he vows to wrest a confession from her, but unearths a fiery temper and a will as strong as his own.

An unbreakable curse . . . Passion flares between them, but now there is more at stake: an unknown enemy is hunting down the precious box, and will stop at nothing. Risking all for love, Angus must solve the mystery behind the runes . . . and trust the only woman who can awaken his forgotten heart.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #27
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
For those interested, my little experiment in link clicking shows that clicks here probably pay roughly 8 cents/hour worked -- please feel free to start your own thread and join in on the bonanza and we can all retire early!
I've been looking for get-rich-quick schemes, and this one is perfect
Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #28
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
I clicked through one of your links this morning to purchase a book, and will be glad to do so again in the future. Thank you for the service you have long provided to the community here, it's only fair that you receive something for your time and effort!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #29
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
There is a great deal on the pre-order of The Columbus Trilogy: The Silver Bear, Columbus, and Dark Men, by Derek Haas for $2.99; priced individually, these are $6.30 to $9.99 (and Dark Men isn't even released - the hardcover is over $16 on pre-order). I already had The Silver Bear, so snapped this up to get the next two in the trilogy. I suspect this price is an error and could change at any time, although I found the same pre-order price at Barnes & Noble.

It is now showing for me as Currently Unavailable at Amazon but is still available at Barnes & Noble unfortunatly I can't purcahse from B&N at work, hopefully it will still be there when I get home.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #30
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Looks like it is a geo restriction at Amazon ... I'm still seeing it as a pre-order here in the US.
Closed Thread