Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Dybbuk
Dybbuk began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone 4
Mobi / Prc Readers For Iphone

Hello,

I've only been able to find two Iphone apps for the mobi / prc format: Kindle and EbookMobi. Any others? Specifically I'm looking for a mobi reader that allows you to change justification settings and turn off the page-turn sliding animation.

Thanks!
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
I'm surprised there's more than just the one (Kindle). MOBI is pretty much Amazon-specific, so most non-Kindle readers typically just support the much more ubiquitous and better-documented EPUB format.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Dybbuk
Dybbuk began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone 4
EbookMobi is a pretty good all-purpose app that you can use for just about every ebook format. For me it's unusable though, because I can't stand page-turn animation. The Kindle app is absolutely horrific - no choice of fonts, no formatting, clumsy interface, page-turn animation. Looks like I'll just have to convert all of my old prc files. Sigh.
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote