Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
vicented
vicented began at the beginning.

Device: kt
Kindle Touch Registration Hack

Hi All,

I just want to ask, how to hack registration proses in kindle, my kindle have problem with it.
i have jailbreak, and places reginfo file into /var/local/java/prefs folder. but it still won't work. maybe someone here have trying this before

I can not register your Kindle because it does not work on wifi. I would like to use the collections

I used the following file structure Reginfo:

Code:
#Fri Feb 8 07:35:22 GMT-06:47 2012
givenName= vicented
deviceName= Vicented's Kindle
userName=Vicented
deviceEmailAddress=vicented@kindle.com
I'm on the 5.3.2 firmware, someone could tell me how is the file structure Reginfo in this version of firmware?

Thanks
vicented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I don't know the answer

"because it does not work on wifi"

just fix that? what is the issue? Then register it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
vicented

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I don't know the answer

"because it does not work on wifi"

just fix that? what is the issue? Then register it.
last August bought my KT on ebay, this KT arrived broken, the wifi does not work and also I can not turn it off 100%, I have to leave it with the screensaver. Obviously I could not return it (the salesman deception).

Having explained this, I can confirm that I register my kindle, but I would like to use the collections.

I recently upgraded my firmware 5.3.2 for kt intenar to solve my problem but nothing.

In the previous firmware fix it as I have indicated in the first post.

If someone could pasr Reginfo file structure of KT in Frimware 5.3.2, I would be very grateful.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
If you did register the Kindle, you have the registration file on your Kindle already.

That sounds like a strange collection of problems to be having -
PLUS it is a used device with unknown history.

I would start out by re-installing both the Main and the Diags kernel-image pairs taken from the Debricking sticky thread.

I.E: Start clean because you don't know what all was done to it in the past.
You might even find that the hardware is not as broken as you think.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I would flatten it.

Start from scratch.

That is your call however.
knc1 has made all the salient points
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #6
vicented

the truth is that I've done all the processes I've seen in the forum (I reinstalled everything I could), and nothing my wifi connection does not detect any network. The only thing left to try was to install the new firmware (5.3.2), but with that I lost the previous trick Reginfo place the file in your folder.

I'm pretty sure that my kindle wifi module is broken.

Another possibility would be to make dowgrade my KT, but I think it is possible, could you confirm it?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
vicented

nobody can help me? please
Old 02-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
The file looks exactly like what you posted, also on a freshly registered 5.3.2 device:

Code:
[root@kindle root]# cat /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo 
#Sun Feb 17 22:54:21 GMT 2013
givenName=XXXXXXXXX
deviceName=XXXXXXXXX
userName=XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
deviceEmailAddress=XXXXXXXXX@kindle.com
(personal information redacted out).

The only difference I see is that you seem to have inserted spaces where there should not be any, but that's probably not the reason of the failure.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
The file looks exactly like what you posted, also on a freshly registered 5.3.2 device:

Code:
[root@kindle root]# cat /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo 
#Sun Feb 17 22:54:21 GMT 2013
givenName=XXXXXXXXX
deviceName=XXXXXXXXX
userName=XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
deviceEmailAddress=XXXXXXXXX@kindle.com
(personal information redacted out).

The only difference I see is that you seem to have inserted spaces where there should not be any, but that's probably not the reason of the failure.

Oops, my bad - new thought:
it is on /var/local - not required for operation - all of /var/local can be erased and the Kindle system will re-build what it needs.

Last edited by knc1; 02-17-2013 at 07:05 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote