Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Kindle for Android updated

Hits version 2.0 and gets lots of improvements, including "MOVE TO SD CARD".
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...ocId=165849822

Now to wait for it to escape the marketplace prison.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I got the download last night and spent a few minutes playing with it, then went on to finish a book I was reading on the Kindle (with my phone).

The bug fixes are huge. It's actually usable now and they resolve the constant crashes (FC) that occurred when using the previous version.

All the features work now like (highlight, look up notes, thumbnails, view/zoom images, highlight. (The Dictionary still launches the word) but not big deal.

This puts Moon+ and Kindle as the best eReaders out there. And cover (MOBI/ePUB)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
sbtx99
Zealot
sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi; Red PRS-650; iPod Touch; Android phone
Yes! I sideloaded a book and it didn't crash, plus the cover was automaticallly displayed for the sideloaded ebook!
sbtx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

...and Nathan at the ebook-reader blog has just updated his Reading Apps for Android installation pack to include the updated Kindle app:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...allation-pack/

That was quick. And nicely done.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
zhleonix
zhleonix doesn't litterzhleonix doesn't litterzhleonix doesn't litter

Device: iPodTouch, Android
Amazing. I am looking forward to this eagerly.
zhleonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtx99 View Post
Yes! I sideloaded a book and it didn't crash, plus the cover was automaticallly displayed for the sideloaded ebook!
Yes, finally!

Also like the option to use the volume buttons for paging forward/back.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Sideloaded it on the Pandigital. Seems to work well. It added in all of the freebie Kindle books I had accumulated, and I was able to buy and load a Kindle book automatically.

Who needs to buy a Kindle now?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Query: is anybody getting a snowstorm on their Kindle for Android Homescreen today?
It was working fine until today and I don't know if my IQ environment is messing stuff up or if it is "proper" behavior for 2.x.
Cause I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still doing it.
It may look cute but it slows the home page something fierce. Once I get it to respond and open a book it runs fine but I can't get to the K-store.

Right now I'm back to 1.x which still has good "weather".
Old 12-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
sbtx99
Zealot
sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi; Red PRS-650; iPod Touch; Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Query: is anybody getting a snowstorm on their Kindle for Android Homescreen today?
It was working fine until today and I don't know if my IQ environment is messing stuff up or if it is "proper" behavior for 2.x.
Cause I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still doing it.
It may look cute but it slows the home page something fierce. Once I get it to respond and open a book it runs fine but I can't get to the K-store.

Right now I'm back to 1.x which still has good "weather".
I just checked and it's also snowing on my Kindle for Android home screen.... I'm using it on a Samsung phone and the app seems to be working Ok for me, though. No problems on the home page, no problem viewing my archived books (I have more archived than downloaded), and no problem accessing the Kindle store.

This is the first I've noticed the snow, so maybe it's a Christmas thing that will clear up in a few days.

Last edited by sbtx99; 12-24-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo
sbtx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I think the snow's a lovely festive touch!

No problem with any of the functionality here.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I just opened the app. Yeah, it is a nice festive touch. Everything is working ok.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Found out it's "normal" behavior. It'll clear up sunday.
It was messing up enough tablet owners they issued a new snowfree release.
Should've added a Merry Christmas banner at least; some tablets have been locking up.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
amtoboyek
amtoboyek began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Help me please!

I am getting a new Pocketbook IQ ready for my daughter for Christmas tomorrow and the new Kindle 2.0 apk (with the snow storm) is unuseable (leave it to Kindle to not test) on the IQ. Does anyone have (or know where I can download) the old Kindle apk? I really need to have a working Kindle app for tomorrow morning. Thanks! Aaron
amtoboyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Here ya go:
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/kindle

The snow storm ends on sunday.
(Edit) An easy fix: set the tablet clock to the 27th until sunday.

Other good reader apps on the IQ are the Overdrive Media console (ePubs and library ebook access), FBreader 7.17, Aldiko, and coolreader 3 (dual column landscape).

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-24-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #15
amtoboyek
amtoboyek began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Thank You!

Thanks a lot! There will be one very happy little girl tomorrow. I will update it to the latest (2.0) after Sunday (or are they going to release a new version on Sunday).
amtoboyek is offline   Reply With Quote