Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Oberon Cases Coming Sometime Sept 6-10

Oberon Designs announced they will be offering their cases for the Kindle 3 the week of September 6-10. A sleeve for the K3 will follow sometime in the last week of September or the first week of October 2010. Good news for those of us looking to get one of their beautiful covers.

Photos have not been posted on the Oberon site as of this posting.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
uclaser
Connoisseur
uclaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
omg finally
uclaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaser View Post
omg finally
I know, right?

I've been checking over there at least 2-3 times a day.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
uclaser
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
I know, right?

I've been checking over there at least 2-3 times a day.
tell me about it i refresh their page like constantly hahaha
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
Mike 01Hawk
Enthusiast
Mike 01Hawk doesn't litterMike 01Hawk doesn't litter

Device: K3 Wifi Graphite :)
Now if Oberon would make an integrated light = SCORE!
Mike 01Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
uclaser
Connoisseur

still no news on the new covers
Old 09-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaser View Post
still no news on the new covers
I just checked their Web site and found this posted on the home page:

Quote:
Dear Customer,
We will be releasing a variety of new products over the course of Sept & Oct.

Our retail catalog will also be mailed two weeks from now for arrival through Sept & early Oct. Watch for it to arrive in your mailbox!
New Product Releases for 2010. Our goal is to….
Release our Kindle 3 corner cover the week of the 6th-10th of September.

Release our Smart Phone Sleeve in mid Sept.

Release a slipcase for the Kindle 3 by the last week of Sept. or early Oct.

Check back to our site for specific release dates. Thank you!
September 6 is a National Holiday in the US so it's less likely they will release today.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
I have a question my mother offered to buy me a cover for Christmas but I'm wondering how heavy the covers are and how much more bulky do they get?
Is the price really worth it?
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #9
6charlong
friendly lurker

Oberon announced on Facebook that their Kindle 3 offerings pages should go active the afternoon of September 9 (Pacific Daylight Time zone). There will be some design and color changes from past Kindle covers. The new price is announced as $69 and they will ship on a first come, first served basis with the intention of starting to ship September 15th.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #10
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
There will be some design and color changes from past Kindle covers.
Oh no. I hope they still offer the design/color I decided I really want after all the deciding I had to do.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:16 AM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
I have a question my mother offered to buy me a cover for Christmas but I'm wondering how heavy the covers are and how much more bulky do they get?
Is the price really worth it?
I can only compare it to the medge. it is a little heavier and a little bulkier. it is still much lighter and less bulky than a pbook. they are just such lovely pieces of work that I don't believe you would find them a problem. I cannot imagine it making a difference slipping into a purse, backpack, tote or anything else over a smaller (other than simply cloth) cover or sleeve
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
6charlong
friendly lurker

Oberon went live as promised but they were immediately slammed. I tried but was unable to login or make a purchase today.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #13
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
The site works right up to viewing the products, then I get nothing in any browser. Oh well, they are beautiful to look at, what kind of pricing do they have?
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #14
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
$69 US plus shipping for the Kindle 3 covers. The K2 and K1 covers are $75.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #15
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Thanks mlewis... It would be nice if they could get their site back up, I really want to look at the designs and colours. I was balking at the Amazon $34.00 cover and now I want to spend almost half the cost of a Kindle on these covers. Ah well, they are really well done though!
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote