Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Request someone prepare a "T1 Battery recalibration for dummies"

I recently noticed that my rooted T1 is using more battery power than normal and thought that a recalibration is in order. By going to the rooted T1 wiki page, I found the following:

Battery Gauge Recalibration
If you experience short battery life after a rooting / firmware upgrade, it might become necessary to recalibrate the battery meter. In general it is better to flash the T1 with a fully charged battery only.
The key is to make the device forget about all battery stats and have the battery stats re-calibrated with a freshly charged battery.

Connect charger and charge to 100%
Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin (e.g. via Root Explorer or BatteryCalibration App)
Press the reset button instantly after deleting batterystats.bin. This will prevent batterystats.bin from being recreated from data in stored RAM. If you miss this step, or simply power down the device instead of a true reset, batterystats.bin will be restored automatically by the system.

From now on, the battery will be re-calibrated... may take 2 or 3 charge cycles...
Alternatively you can use recovery console to delete batterystats.bin

QUESTIONS???
On the T1, I can get into the root explorer - unable to find /data/system/batterystats.bin file and if I did -- how do I delete it? I went to the data then system subfolders

If I want to install the Battery Calibration app - Google did NOT detect the T1 reader and would not download the app. How do I do a workaround?

Is there a way to use a PC connected via USB to the T1 to find and delete the troublesome bin file?

thanks!
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
MCSmarties
Enthusiast
MCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenstate View Post
If I want to install the Battery Calibration app - Google did NOT detect the T1 reader and would not download the app. How do I do a workaround(...)
Did you install the Android Market correctly?

Looks like you can also sideload the app from here (hit "install" - I never tried that).

Once you have the app installed properly it's pretty simple...

1. Fully charge your T1 and DO make sure that it IS fully charged. If possible, use a wall charger, I've seen reports that it the battery lasts longer this way.

2. Boot the reader and immediately launch the calibration app

3. Reboot after calibration. Ideally don't charge again before you have fully depleted the battery once.
MCSmarties is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
thanks for your help.
On my rooted T1, I sideloaded the battery calibration app, installed, and ran it. My battery was fully charged to 100% (as shown by the digital readout) and I selected the calibrate bar.

A few moments later it said that the calibration was NOT succesful and I needed to root my device.

Please help to correct this issue. thanks.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote