Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Who plays word games?

I figure if you enjoy reading, perhaps you also enjoy word games? My favorite iOS word games are Scrabble (of course... the original, not this Words with Friends garbage) and W.E.L.D.E.R. I also just started playing LetterPress... it's okay. If anyone wants to start a game with me, my GameCenter ID is MeSue1. I think there are free 2-player versions of all these.

What other iOS word games do you like?
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Spelltower, Wurdle, and Imangi.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
SpellTower is great.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I love word games, but dont play many that require others to play with. I do play words with friends occasionally (far less since Zynga bought it, I was really annoyed about that). I'm also a scrabble player on my iPad. I'll look for you, Sue (I'm Sue too, but cant remember what my game centre ID is, I've had a couple)

Just looked at the others, I'm only into whats free, these days, Imangi actually looks a bit challenging, downloaded that. And here's another. Wordly: theres only one level and the aim is twofold a) to get the highest score you can (you only compete with yourself) and b) to clear the board.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 01-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Imangi looks hard! I already had Wurdle, and I put Spelltower on my wish list for when I want something new. I might already have Wordly... will have to check.

You guys should check out W.E.L.D.E.R.... it's fantastic. Probably my favorite iOS game of all.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
I'm a scrabble lover. Does anyone know of a good epub scrabble dictionary that I could put on my Sony reader?
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I play W.E.L.D.E.R., and Spelltower, and I recently found one I play called QatQi.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
...I recently found one I play called QatQi.
Woohoo, this is a real challenge as well as being a completely different game design. Love it, thanks Nicky
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Spellbound is good. It has a great dictionary, so lots of words are allowed.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Why is Words with Friends garbage? The app may be a little annoying at times, but as far as I know Scrabbles still won't allow you to play with others online, and I don't see any point in playing this kind of game with a computer.

I play Words with friends, I like Hanging with friends too but have no-one to play with at the moment. And also Angry words which has the HUGE advantage of supporting other languages than English, so that I can now play with my mother in French.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
MeSue
Geek in the Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Why is Words with Friends garbage? The app may be a little annoying at times, but as far as I know Scrabbles still won't allow you to play with others online, and I don't see any point in playing this kind of game with a computer.
Well, being from Zynga is one big strike against it. It has been a while since I played WWF but there were a lot of things I didn't like about the gameplay. I have been a Scrabble fan/collector forever so I am fond of the original. And I like the "teacher" that shows you what you best move could have been after you make a move. You can play Scrabble with others online, although I guess it has to be through Facebook.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Not sure where you got that EA's official Scrabble isn't multiplayer. When I start up one of the modes is "Play Facebook and Origin friends." You do have to belong to one of those networks though.

I agree WWF is fun. I imagine some people complain about the bonus tile layout. Being raised on Scrabble it does feel wrong and somehow weaker.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I like to play PopWords but maybe that's simpler than these others that you guys play. There is no multi-player but there is a "puzzle of the day" and you can check back the next day to see where you ranked, and also see the solution of the top scorer. I find that really interesting to see.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #14
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Which Imangi game do you guys mean? A google search is telling me that is the name of the developer, not the app.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Not sure where you got that EA's official Scrabble isn't multiplayer. When I start up one of the modes is "Play Facebook and Origin friends." You do have to belong to one of those networks though.

I agree WWF is fun. I imagine some people complain about the bonus tile layout. Being raised on Scrabble it does feel wrong and somehow weaker.
Sorry about the Scrabble app, must have happened after I looked it up on the app store.

What annoys me with WWF is their dictionary, which apparently excludes any word starting with a capital letter on the ground that it's a proper name. June is a proper name? Plus their constant "upgrades" which tend to bring more bugs and unwanted "features" than anything else. But yes, the app is fun.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote