Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
FLASH! Kyobo Mirasol ereader discontinued

According to Good E-Reader the Kyobo Mirasol ereader has just been discontinued due to lack of interest and its inability to compete with the proliferation of LCD tablets. I don't know what this means for the future of Mirasol displays, but I'm sure glad I picked one up when I had the chance. I use it outdoors in bright sunlight all the time as a reader and a full-fledged android tablet. I still think it's great.
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Just wish they had made a device with a bigger screen, 7 or 8". Less than 6" is quite useless for me.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinj View Post
According to Good E-Reader the Kyobo Mirasol ereader has just been discontinued due to lack of interest and its inability to compete with the proliferation of LCD tablets. I don't know what this means for the future of Mirasol displays, but I'm sure glad I picked one up when I had the chance. I use it outdoors in bright sunlight all the time as a reader and a full-fledged android tablet. I still think it's great.
Who else uses this display?
Who might?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check this out, Seaking: http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/

That Kyobo was the first generation. The question is if Qualcomm could drum up enough interest to go into the second round? I sure hope so, at this stage they will probably have to pay people to use their displays, but it seems to have great potential.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Kyobo now goes with a 71% discount (for just $87), see here:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...#comment-47902

I've already grabbed one, that's my comment over there.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
Kyobo now goes with a 71% discount (for just $87), see here:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...#comment-47902

I've already grabbed one, that's my comment over there.
What about shipping to other countries? What did you pay?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They ship worldwide. I ordered mine to Russia. It costs 99,000 won + 25,000 won for shipping which is about $109 total. Most probably shipping to Taiwan would be cheaper.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard

Tried it, but sadly I am stuck at the last step, the line to enter the credit card data never appears.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
Burgher
Connoisseur

It doesn't appear now on the same page as said in that instruction. It appears in a pop-up window after you click the big blue button at the bottom. Are you using Internet Explorer as I recommended? Did you install their ActivX element? Because only then it will work.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #10
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
It doesn't appear now on the same page as said in that instruction. It appears in a pop-up window after you click the big blue button at the bottom. Are you using Internet Explorer as I recommended? Did you install their ActivX element? Because only then it will work.
I will try it on another computer tomorrow. Maybe it is Windows 8.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
HansTWN
Wizard

Indeed it was a Windows 8 problem, perhaps an issue with the ActiveX element. Anyway, just found out that neither of my cards support 3D security, so I will probably not get one.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
HansTWN
Wizard

Looks like they sold out already! Too bad.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #13
Burgher
Connoisseur

Yes, indeed.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #14
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, indeed.
You didn't get yours?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #15
Burgher
Connoisseur

I did. That's what I started with.