Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
DanPotter
DanPotter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Guide statements not working on a kindle

okay I'm making this ebook as an epub first via sigil. Then using amazon to convert it to mobi

I have the NCX file working. I have a linked table of contents, but it cannot find the TOC nor the start of the text (opens on the title page)

I think the trouble is with these lines of code on the bottom of my content.opf file.

<guide>
<reference href="toc.xhtml" title="Table of Contents" type="toc" />
<reference href="Chapter 1.xhtml" title="Beginning" type="text" />
</guide>

Can anyone help?
DanPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPotter View Post
okay I'm making this ebook as an epub first via sigil. Then using amazon to convert it to mobi

I have the NCX file working. I have a linked table of contents, but it cannot find the TOC nor the start of the text (opens on the title page)

I think the trouble is with these lines of code on the bottom of my content.opf file.

<guide>
<reference href="toc.xhtml" title="Table of Contents" type="toc" />
</guide>

Can anyone help?
The guide should look something like this:

Code:
  <guide>
    <reference href="Text/The%20Mystery%20of%20Room%2075.htm" title="Cover" type="cover" />
    <reference href="Text/The%20Mystery%20of%20Room%2075_0002.xhtml" title="Title Page" type="title-page" />
    <reference href="Text/The%20Mystery%20of%20Room%2075_0003.xhtml" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc" />
    <reference href="Text/The%20Mystery%20of%20Room%2075_0004.xhtml" title="Start Reading" type="start" />
  </guide>
I think in your code
Code:
Should be
Code:
<reference href="Chapter 1.xhtml" title="Beginning" type="start" />

Last edited by crutledge; 05-02-2012 at 07:12 PM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
The easiest way is to let Sigil do it for you.
I would delete those 2 lines from the guide section.
Then go to the book browser, right click on your toc.xhtml file, choose Semantics, and check the Table of Contents.
Then right click on the Chapter 1.xhtml file, choose Semantics, and check Text.
Make sure that only one file has Text checked as its Semantics.
Now check your content.opf file and see how Sigil populated it. This will now convert correctly to mobi format
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
DanPotter
DanPotter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, having Sigil do it for me worked! And I see what was wrong with my code.
DanPotter is offline   Reply With Quote