Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Using Minimo on the iRex iLiad

It looks like iRex didn't cripple Minimo too much on the iLiad. After hacking a few configuration files, look what I can do.

Hopefully I can set it up so it's usable without having to launch it from the terminal.

This thread has been closed and a beta has been released.

You can find the new thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15448
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minimo1.png
Views:	1517
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	5018  
Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Brilliant!
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Checking gmail on the go...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minimo3.png
Views:	1098
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	5021  
Old 08-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
That's amazing Adam.
Thank you for your work.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Fan-frickin-tastic. Outstanding. A major new functionality for the iLiad, here. You rock. I can't wait to install it on my iLiad, and start browsing away...

Much applause!
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

There are a few kinks to it. The first (as always) is screen refreshes. It seems iRex didn't build them into minimo, so I have to rely on the modified libX11. Right now it does a full refresh, which can get quite annoying. I'll have to play around with the partial to see how well I can get that going.

The second is packaging, I've had to replace the default user style with that of another version of minimo. I'm not sure what problems this causes when viewing local html files from the contentlister. Perhaps I can run this as a standalone application from the memory card. I'll have to do more testing tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
I agree... if you have to change the config files to make minimo work properly, it seems like the simplest thing would be to package it as a separate standalone application and run it from the CF...

Of course, once 2.11 comes out and you start modifying the registry with installations, you'll have plenty of options...

Once again, excellent work!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
Fletcher
Fletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Question Interesting

Sorry, I'm new and not techie.

So we are seeing this from a computer terminal and not the iliad? I am interested in browsing options for the Iliad - all seem to have problems so far.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
Sorry, I'm new and not techie.

So we are seeing this from a computer terminal and not the iliad? I am interested in browsing options for the Iliad - all seem to have problems so far.
It's being launched from a terminal, but everything is run and displayed on the iLiad.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
A terminal is not a seperate computer terminal in this case.
It is started as a command line application and can not be run from the Content Lister.
There fore Adam uses a "terminal" where you can enter commands.
Try Start->Run... enter "cmd" and hit return. Thats a terminal under windows

For the iLIad we use this:
mrxvt
Old 08-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #11
Jeroen13
Jeroen13 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
You rock, Adam! I was waiting to be able to use webmail functionality on my Iliad.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #12
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
oh.. It is very perfect ability for iLiad. So power of php, apache and mysql can be used here... We don't need even web 2.0 application. Any old web application can be used. E-mail clients, rss readers, contacts etc.... Is it possible to control iLiad via php "exec" function.. etc...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #13
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
Hi, Adam:
Can it support website with codes of tranditional/simplified Chinese and Japanese etc. or unicode? Thanks.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #14
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
HI Adam,

I'm not familiar with Linux command that much. Can you please tell me how to run minimo from the terminal. A bit detail.... . And when would you be able to set up minimo like your other packages so that we don't have to do everything from terminal? Thanks
Old 09-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #15
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
I am just waiting for a full minimo version on the iliad that will work like a webbrowser on your PC.
**patience**
hard....
aaarch......
Closed Thread