Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
ScanZa
ScanZa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile ll (double l) convertion error

I have been using Calibre on my Ubuntu laptop for some time and done conversion of pdf documents to MOBI format (Kindle).

My problem is that the conversion goes wrong with words with double l. see examples below:

carefully careful y
wall wal
tall tal
really real y etc etc

It is a funny but irritation error but I havn't been able to find a solution to the problem.
I have just joined the Forum hoping to get a solution.

I havn't found any other errors in the conversion.
ScanZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanZa View Post
I have been using Calibre on my Ubuntu laptop for some time and done conversion of pdf documents to MOBI format (Kindle).

My problem is that the conversion goes wrong with words with double l. see examples below:

carefully careful y
wall wal
tall tal
really real y etc etc

It is a funny but irritation error but I havn't been able to find a solution to the problem.

See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...#pdfconversion.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool PDF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanZa View Post

carefully careful y
wall wal
tall tal
really real y etc etc

To fix this I print the original pdf using Pdf Creator (it acts as a printer driver) to create a new pdf. Then convert the newly created file. In all cases when I've done this it eliminates the above mentioned problem.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Keyword: Ligatures
PDF's make use of these special typographers 1 character symbols
conversion routines will stumble on them. You need to manually fix them or try other tools suggested
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
ScanZa
ScanZa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
solved double ll conversion problem

Thank you all for your solutions,
I printed to file with Ubuntu's pdf document viewer and it solved the double l conversion problem.

Thank you for a very quick and proficient service
ScanZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert