Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
randomblink
Kindle Luvah
randomblink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Greets one and all...

I found this forum while looking up customization options for both the kindle software and documents created FOR the kindle, google pointed me to this thread: www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18587

I'm looking to find out anything anyone has learned about customization options, so please feel free to msg me personally if you have something.

I have already put together a basic doc that utilized most of the major CSS stylings and found just about CRAP that the kindle actually utilized. Considering pulling apart some of the AZW files I have bought to see how THEY did it, but would be just as happy with another approach...

Peace out one and all...
randomblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, randomblink! Check out this thread! It may be of some assistance.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25138

Welcome to the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi randomblink and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2112 View Post
Greetings, randomblink! Check out this thread! It may be of some assistance.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25138

Welcome to the forum!
I don't think that will really be of much help. It's more just a list of keyboard shortcuts and the like. In fact, it's a bit misleading, since several items are listed more than once.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I don't think that will really be of much help. It's more just a list of keyboard shortcuts and the like. In fact, it's a bit misleading, since several items are listed more than once.
I didn't even realize half of the links in the article bounce you back here. Interesting!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2112 View Post
I didn't even realize half of the links in the article bounce you back here. Interesting!
I know ... weird, isn't it??

Still, I'm glad someone posted that, because I needed to find the shortcut for showing the time. I sort of wish they would have just done an easter egg list or something in the manual.

But ... hey, why ask for the moon when we have the stars?? (Now Voyager)
Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Time?

Press "Alt" and then "T".........comes up in the bottom left hand corner.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dang. And all I bought it for was to download books and read them.......I feel so stupid!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

AND inferior!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

And I completely forgot my manners........welcome to the friendliest site you'll find online.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Press "Alt" and then "T".........comes up in the bottom left hand corner.
Yes, sweetie .... I found that out. Now, don't become all "zonie" on us.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
AND inferior!
Remember the "edit" button?? I know you know about the edit button.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

"zonie"? Sorry, I thought you were truly asking a question there......will not make that error again........
Old 06-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
"zonie"? Sorry, I thought you were truly asking a question there......will not make that error again........
No ..... I said I "needed" to find the shortcut. Past tense. I found it in that list of 100+ tips.

It's ok, DG .... I make the same sort of mistake at least 10 times a day. Sometimes more. And, I fully intend to go on making those sorts of mistakes, and people will tease me about it .... and life will go on.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

thanks.

Tags
azw, customization, kindle, programming