Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
another fishing lesson wanted

Hi,
Am using sony prs505 (which I love) plus the sony ebook library s/w (which I do not love) on win xp pro sp 3. I download stuff from Gutenberg and also buy epub format which has to be authorised via Adobe Digital Editions. Having discovered calibre, I would like to have contents of my reader match the better organisation of calibre. I'm assuming the following steps:
1. create calibre library from existing files - done
2. edit metadata in calibre to taste - done
3. either connect reader & edit metadata to match or clear reader contents & then re-load from calibre

Is above sensible? (how could anything ever go wrong?)
Will this work OK with epub items authorised from Adobe DE?

Am sure these are elementary questions, but would much appreciate guidance.

Cheers
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
Hi,
Am using sony prs505 (which I love) plus the sony ebook library s/w (which I do not love) on win xp pro sp 3. I download stuff from Gutenberg and also buy epub format which has to be authorised via Adobe Digital Editions. Having discovered calibre, I would like to have contents of my reader match the better organisation of calibre. I'm assuming the following steps:
1. create calibre library from existing files - done
2. edit metadata in calibre to taste - done
3. either connect reader & edit metadata to match or clear reader contents & then re-load from calibre

Is above sensible? (how could anything ever go wrong?)
Will this work OK with epub items authorised from Adobe DE?

Am sure these are elementary questions, but would much appreciate guidance.

Cheers
Bumping this post in case it 'got lost' and someone out there can help...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reload from calibre, and if your purchased epub books are downloaded using a properly authorised adode DE, calibre will be able to put them on your device just fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Thanks for the reply (and thanks for the 'bump') - I knew it was elementary - was just reluctant to proceed without a map :-)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre