Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #16
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky69 View Post
Slaughterhouse-Five. I took too many mushrooms and extrapolated a plot of my own life out in a tangentially related way to the 2/3 of the book that I had read at the point when I tripped. Anyway, I kinda became convinced that I was in an experiment or at least something analogous to a perfectly complex computer system run by aliens, basically, and those aliens being something pretty far beyond humans (and maybe even humans themselves doing kind of a generational loop which actually acts in its own name and does something with quantum faggot physics or something, right?). I also became convinced that I was god, which is something that will hit you pretty hard for a while until you give up the ghost on that bullshit (it's not a philosophically productive line of thought, nor is it science). And, so, this is mostly to blame on Kurt Vonnegut, basically.
That explains a lot.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
That explains a lot.
Yuppers.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 AM   #18
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Many books have changed my life.

The most recent one I can think of is "Deep Economy" by Bill McKibben. This book has very important information for how the world is going to be very soon with the worsening energy situation, and his analysis of the problems with our current economy made tremendous sense. I've been altering some of my behavior since reading it, like trying to eat more locally and buy more locally and grow more of my own food.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #19
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Yuppers.
To be fair, I might be onto something!
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:46 AM   #20
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Siddhartha, got to agree with that one. "Awakening the Buddha within" by Lama Surya Das and on a completely different track "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. Read it as a kid and whenever I feel like just walking off and packing it all in (as I have done several times) I am never sure if it is due to Buddhism or delusions of adequacy encouraged by subliminal messages planted by Ayn Rand
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would have to say that whatever book it was that I enjoyed enough reading or having read to me that made me want more was what really changed my life. I cannot say what this book was as I have no idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment