Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #391
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonesimera View Post
Yes, very strange....

It lets me scroll to the bottom of the page, but does not let me get to the next page unless I come out of Text flow mode.

maybe my settings are wrong!
Check the settings for horizontal or vertical scrolling. I don't use Moon much so I don't know exactly where to find it - but I remember seeing it.

Rsgards-John

Last edited by Jabby; 11-16-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typo
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #392
Chris N
Chris N began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab 4
How To Enable Vertical Scrolling With Moon Reader

Please can someone explain how to enable vertical scrolling with Moon Reader (free version). I have looked in the settings and can't find anything. Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chris
Chris N is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #393
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Does anyone know how to use dropbox as a drive to actually read books off of? It's supposed to be a feature of Moon+ Pro, but I can't find how to do it.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #394
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Does anyone know how to use dropbox as a drive to actually read books off of? It's supposed to be a feature of Moon+ Pro, but I can't find how to do it.

Sayhello

From main screen:

1) Tap "My Files"
2) At the top, you will see a house icon, SdCard, and Dropbox. Tap on Dropbox.
3) I'm a little fuzzy here, as it has been a while, but I think it will ask you for your dropbox log in and pwd. (After you've done this before, it will just open your Dropbox folders when you tap it)
4) once you've logged in, it should remember in the future. You can move between folders from there, tap on an ePub file to open in moonreader, etc.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #395
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
The latest version now has all menus visible if you use it on an eink device - it used to have the white on white problem.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #396
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Moon recently did an upgrade. It's not working as well as it did prior to the upgrade. When I resume reading my visual "mode" often returns to a default mode...I prefer a black background with a slightly orange/yellow color to the font, at a certain font size and brightness level which never changed until this recent change. It returns to the default "night" mode at a very low brightness level and very small, for me, font size.

I also noticed that sometimes where I left off is gone and has skipped back a chapter or two. Very odd.

I may have to uninstall/reinstall the program hoping it clears this up but having to set it up again for my preferences is a pain in the arse.
I'll also check the settings options to see if there is an option to not automatically upgrade to the new version available.

Otherwise I still enjoy using this reader.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #397
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Moon recently did an upgrade. It's not working as well as it did prior to the upgrade. When I resume reading my visual "mode" often returns to a default mode...I prefer a black background with a slightly orange/yellow color to the font, at a certain font size and brightness level which never changed until this recent change. It returns to the default "night" mode at a very low brightness level and very small, for me, font size.

I also noticed that sometimes where I left off is gone and has skipped back a chapter or two. Very odd.

I may have to uninstall/reinstall the program hoping it clears this up but having to set it up again for my preferences is a pain in the arse.
I'll also check the settings options to see if there is an option to not automatically upgrade to the new version available.

Very odd I am using 3.0.2 with no issues on my Nexus 7. I wouldn't use night themes I would just make a normal theme with the colors you prefer. Night Themes have always been a little iffy.

There is however an issue on Kindle Fires with the settings percentages showing up as black box so you have no idea what your margins or spacing is.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #398
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post

I noticed that skip back to the beginning of a chapter on my Nexus 7 once, but thought it must have been me that went back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Very odd I am using 3.0.2 with no issues on my Nexus 7. I wouldn't use night themes I would just make a normal theme with the colors you prefer. Night Themes have always been a little iffy.

There is however an issue on Kindle Fires with the settings percentages showing up as black box so you have no idea what your margins or spacing is.
I recently got a Kindle Fire Hdx 7 and I don't see the black box in settings with the Google play version. I installed from Amazon and it's only on version 2.6.1.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #399
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I noticed that skip back to the beginning of a chapter on my Nexus 7 once, but thought it must have been me that went back.

I recently got a Kindle Fire Hdx 7 and I don't see the black box in settings with the Google play version. I installed from Amazon and it's only on version 2.6.1.
The latest Amazon version is 3.0.1 so you have a old version of Moon+ Pro
Old 01-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #400
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The latest Amazon version is 3.0.1 so you have a old version of Moon+ Pro
I only find the free version when I search on my Hdx in the Amazon app store. And that is the one that's far out of date. I purchased the Google play version so I don't want to buy again.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #401
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I only find the free version when I search on my Hdx in the Amazon app store. And that is the one that's far out of date. I purchased the Google play version so I don't want to buy again.
You have to side load the Amazon version to your Kindle Fire from another device.
This is the latest version.

You can use the Google version but it will have errors.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #402
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You have to side load the Amazon version to your Kindle Fire from another device.
This is the latest version.

You can use the Google version but it will have errors.
I'm rooted, so the Google play store works on mine. I already bought the Google play version so I don't want to have to buy again from Amazon.

If you're interested, you don't need to be rooted to install Google apps, and others have reported that this allows you to side load paid apps without errors. This is installing everything as regular apps, not system apps, so it shouldn't be risky to do.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...-root-t2954372
Old 01-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #403
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I'm rooted, so the Google play store works on mine. I already bought the Google play version so I don't want to have to buy again from Amazon.

If you're interested, you don't need to be rooted to install Google apps, and others have reported that this allows you to side load paid apps without errors. This is installing everything as regular apps, not system apps, so it shouldn't be risky to do.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...-root-t2954372
Ah then yes the Google version will work for you.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #404
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Wow I just used the moon reader pros text to speech to read to me and I really love it.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #405
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
3.03 just arrived with some fixes....
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote