Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
AMT
AMT began at the beginning.

Device: CYBOOK
My Computers don't recognize my Cybook

Hi to everybody

No one of my XP computers (one is a laptop) recognize the Cybook. The USB connection only charge the unit.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
AMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Silly question, but have you switched the CyBook on? It charges when it's switched off, but it's only recognised as a drive when it's switched on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I actually had the same problem but I was using another USB cable that was already plugged into my computer. I used the USB cable that came with the CyBook and then it worked. It might be because I also plugged into another USB port on my computer, I didn't investigate further.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I actually had the same problem but I was using another USB cable that was already plugged into my computer. I used the USB cable that came with the CyBook and then it worked. It might be because I also plugged into another USB port on my computer, I didn't investigate further.
My PC has seven USB ports. I have mini-USB-to-USB cables attached to five of them. The front three work great with the Cybook-including the USB cable for my digital SLR and the one for my PDA. The two attached to my rear USB ports don't recognize the Cybook. Nor does the one attached to my 4-port USB hub (also attached to my rear USB ports). I think it's more likely the port used is more of a problem than the USB cable.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
But a standard USB cables does not work since they are to thick so the cable might be a problem. I thinks this is a bit irritating because you have to make sure to bring a USB cable that fits the Cybook on trips.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But a standard USB cables does not work since they are to thick so the cable might be a problem. I thinks this is a bit irritating because you have to make sure to bring a USB cable that fits the Cybook on trips.

I see a lot of 4-pin mini-USB cables on eBay which appear to have too-short a clearance while those which are 5-pin, for the most part, appear to be the right length/shape.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Ive noticed that a few times I found that although the USB cable seemed plugged it really was not pushed in deep enough, so maybe check and make sure that's not the problem.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
lindemaximilian
lindemaximilian began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
Ive noticed that a few times I found that although the USB cable seemed plugged it really was not pushed in deep enough, so maybe check and make sure that's not the problem.
The same thing happened to me; the funny thing was that before I had charged the cybook with the same position of the cable and it worked.
lindemaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:53 AM   #9
AMT
AMT began at the beginning.

Device: CYBOOK
Now it's working

Thanks, now, my computer recognize the Cybook. It's a problem with XP's USB software / drive. I still problems with Mobipocket. I have done a direct transfer into the SD memory.

Thanks again.
AMT is offline   Reply With Quote