Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #496
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Improper Pleasures by Cheryl Howe
(The Pleasure Series)

My Lord Wicked by Cheryl Bolen
(Historical Regency Romance)
Winner Best Historical Novel in the 2012 International Digital Awards
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #497
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can get the Lux series at Kobo with that coupon or wait for a better one but it much cheaper than buying the Kindle version.
Don't know if coupons still work on the earlier books in the series or not (I already own them), but you can't use coupons on the newest one, Origin, as Entangled now has a distribution deal with Macmillan and their restrictions seem to be applying.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #498
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Bannon Brothers: Trust by Janet $1.99 [Zebra]. Available at your favorite retailers.

http://www.amazon.com/Bannon-Brother...annon+brothers

Quote:
With relentless suspense and a deft feel for creating men of power and character, Janet Dailey introduces three unforgettable brothers: RJ, Linc, and Deke Bannon.

Cold cases aren't RJ Bannon's usual line of work. But Ann Montgomery's long-ago abduction is too intriguing to pass up. Ann was just three when she was taken in the night from her family's historic Virginia mansion more than twenty-five years ago. The socially prominent Montgomerys launched a heartbreaking search but no trace of the missing girl was ever found.

Bannon knows the chances of finding her now--alive or dead--are slim, yet he can't stop searching for answers. Especially once he meets Erin Randall. A beautiful, talented local artist, she seems to share some tantalizing connections with the vanished Ann. As the legacy of lies and deception comes to a shocking climax, a hidden menace explodes, and Bannon vows to protect Erin at all costs...even if it puts his own life on the line...
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #499
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Karen Robards must have retained rights to her earlier titles as she has re-published several for $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?qi...rds&sort=price
Old 09-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #500
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

The Fool's Tale by Nicole Galland. $1.99 all retailers [Hapercollins] Medieval fiction w/romance per description.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fools-Tale...+fool%27s+tale

Quote:
Wales, 1198. A time of treachery, passion, and uncertainty. King Maelgwyn ap Cadwallon, known as Noble, struggles to protect his small kingdom from foes outside and inside his borders. Pressured into a marriage of political convenience, he takes as his bride the young, headstrong Isabel Mortimer, niece of his powerful English nemesis.

Through strength of character, Isabel wins her husband's grudging respect, but finds the Welsh court backward and barbaric, and is soon engaged in a battle of wills against Gwirion, the king's oldest, oddest, and most trusted friend. Before long, however, Gwirion and Isabel's mutual animosity is abruptly transformed, and the king finds himself as threatened by loved ones as by the enemies who menace his crown.

A masterful novel by a gifted storyteller, The Fool's Tale combines vivid historical fiction, compelling political intrigue, and passionate romance to create an intimate drama of three individuals bound -- and undone -- by love and loyalty.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #501
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Okay since this is the best thread to get help with I have a question/problem.

I have Calibre but I keep all my books stored on an external hard drive.

How can I make that the default path where I can see all my books.

I will need step-by-step instructions. I am a novice at this.

Thanks
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #502
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Make it the default path where Calibre stores the books?

Is the external drive your actual Calibre library folder? Or it's your own folder and you have not yet added all the books on the external drive to Calibre?

Last edited by library addict; 09-13-2013 at 10:23 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #503
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is my own folder. Sadly I do not know how to set up Calibre to have a default path other than the one programed. The books have been added to Calibre in the past but when I got a new computer I never moved them. I hardly ever keep anything stored on my computer unless necessary.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #504
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to clarify, is Calibre already installed on your computer and if so, are there any books in it you wish to keep?
Old 09-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #505
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Yes, Calibre is installed on my computer and it does not have any books in it
Old 09-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #506
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Okay. Here’s the thing, Calibre creates its own copies of your books when they are added to it. Though that bothers some people it is part of the beauty of Calibre in my opinion.

I maintain a backup of the Calibre library and also store my original copies of my books (in whichever format I purchased it) as well as a cleaned up ePub version once I’ve converted it in Calibre in my own folder which I call Digital Library (because I have no imagination when it comes to naming stuff )

So you have two choices. If you decide you want to keep your original folder(s)/file system (which is what I would recommend as it can serve as an extra backup) then add all of your books to Calibre and leave your files alone. Otherwise you have the option to delete your folder(s)/files once they’ve been added to Calibre.

1) Create a folder on the external hard drive with the name you wish to call your Calibre library. (“Calibre Library” is the default name but you can call it whatever you want)
2) Open Calibre and click on the Calibre library icon on the toolbar (see attached image)
3) Select the “Switch/create library” option
4) The Choose your calibre library pop-up window will appear which will show the current path of your library (see image attached).
5) Click on the little window icon to the right of the “New Location” field and select the folder you created on your external hard drive.
6) If there are books in Calibre already you wish to keep, select the “Move current library to new location” option. If you want to start fresh or have no books currently in Calibre choose the “Create an empty library at the new location”
7) Once you have your pathway and options selected, click OK
8) This is now where Calibre will store its copies of your books.

Now to add your books to Calibre:
Here is a link to the GUI instructions on Calibre’s website http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#add-books
So you can either instruct Calibre to add of your books or do so yourself manually. Click on the down arrow ˇon the right of the “Add books” icon (see attached photo) and choose the option that best suits your needs. You can always change the default folder to add books from once you have added your current collection. I have a folder in My Documents called “TEMP for Calibre” (see no imagination ) that I store my books in temporarily until they’ve been added to Calibre.

There are ways to automate the adding of books, but I would leave that until you get the ones you already own all set up.

Also, the initial set-up/adding books to Calibre is the toughest part. Once you have your library set up, adding your new purchases however often you wish to do so is much simpler.

Once you have your books added into your library you can clean up the metadata, ensure your author names display the way you want them to, etc.

If you haven’t already watched them, Kovid has some video tutorials on the Calibre website, too which are helpful http://calibre-ebook.com/demo#tutorials

If you need any help, just ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre 2.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	111004  
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #507
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

SO MUCH!!!!

I knew it was simple. I keep all original copies on my hard drive and I make a back up of everything and place on a different hard drive.

I owe you a book library addict. You have saved me a world of time. Thanks again.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #508
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Karen Robards must have retained rights to her earlier titles as she has re-published several for $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?qi...rds&sort=price
Yeah I've been buying them up as she releases them. She was releasing them at 99 cents. I get them at Kobo with coupon though.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #509
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Don't know if coupons still work on the earlier books in the series or not (I already own them), but you can't use coupons on the newest one, Origin, as Entangled now has a distribution deal with Macmillan and their restrictions seem to be applying.
I bought Obsidian with coupon so it works on some of them. All but the last two are couponable.

Well forget that Macmillan is now couponable!

Last edited by Blossom; 09-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #510
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Happy Saturday!

Two good deals

Maggie's Man by Lisa Gardner $2.99
A Family Secrets Novel (Maximillian's Children 01)
Formally published under Pen Name: Alicia Scott
Former Publisher: Silhouette Intimate Moments 1997
Publisher: Signet (August 6, 2013) Sold by: Penguin
Note: I bought mine just now at Kobo for 50% off.
Book Two and Three are due out in October & December.

Single White Vampire
by Lynsay Sands $1.99
(Argeneau 03) Vampire Romantic Comedy
Publisher: HarperCollins e-books; Reprint edition (2003/2010)
Note: This is my favorite Argeneau book! It doesn't get much funnier than this book!
It's third in the series though but I suppose you could read it as a stand alone although
I highly recommend reading them in order.