Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
ferion
ferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo n905c
Wifi problem

Nello.
I have a lobo n905c that i nave restored whit SD image provided by this forum (thanks).
Everythings work properly except forma WiFi.
When i look forma WiFi network ThE lobo stack.progressivo bar stop near ThE end and font procede.
If i pur manually my WiFi data it say name or password bad.
I tried to reset and update software but ThE problemi remains.
Van anyone help me?
Thanks
ferion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo readers can have wifi connection problems because of hidden (SSID)
network name. Make network name visible and it should connect.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
ferion
ferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blueferion can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thank you for your reply.
The problem is that my kobo start to looking for wi-fi network, but it don't reach the finish point.
The kobo stuck near the end of the search line.
And then it freeze.
I noticed that in the wi-fi option the MAC ADDRESS is NULL.
Someone have an idea?
Thanks.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Does your wifi setup possibly use a whitelist and you need to add the MAC address of the reader to allow it to connect? I made that mistake with my first Kobo, I totally forgot that I had set up a whitelist since I so rarely had any extra devices connecting to the wifi.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If you router has hidden wifi network name (SSID) that could be cause of your problem. Put your reader on your router's white list could also help.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #6
ferion

Thanks for all your reply's.
I succesfully find out MAC ADDRESS on my KOBO.
But the problem is not with my router. I have tryed with 3 different router, and with a smartphone wi-fi routI think the problem is about something wrong in the kobo firmware.
When i start serching for wi-fi network, the progress bar stuck near the end, and the search never reach the end.
it appear to be some sort of bad kobo configuration. Can it be?
i don't know.
Thank's for your help, i apreciate past and future reply.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My suggestion is to do a factory reset. That will restore the original firmware. That should fix the WiFi problem if it is indeed due to the restored firmware. Then you can do a firmware upgrade from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote