Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Loving favourites for collections

I have been setting up my favourites and it is really nice. I generally sort my books by author, series then title but also transfer a few items by tag like catalog where that is the only tag it has. With the favourites, now I can link to the catalog folder so that even if the contents change, I don't have to change my favourites since it links to the folder instead of the individual file. So now I have in my favourites, links to catalogue, news, photos, digital editions for library books and a couple others. I did set up a series folder as well for ones I'm working on so I do have to add in any new series I want in favourites but if I get a new book in a series, as long as the book ends up in the folder for that series it will show up in my favourites. Pretty cool. Just thought I would share for those that haven't used favourites yet.

I actually usually lock my keys on the favourites page so that ends up being kind of a main menu for me a lot of the time. I have my power button set to last opened books so I can always jump to the last one without leaving the favourites menu if I don't want to go to that folder.

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Are you using Calibre to organise all this? I mainly read fanfiction on my PB360 and I'm using my favourites to tag certain genres, etc. But it's so painstaking because I have to go in to each book to do it.

I've not used Calibre to orgnise my books at all. I've used it to convert some old LIT files, but that's about it.

I'd love to be able to do it all in one place, not sure if Calibre (or any other program) can do that, though.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

I'm using calibre to save my books to the reader. I do a second pass for the ones I just want to come over by tags. Within calibre if you go to preferences, add/save, to device you can decide how you want things to be saved. So I have a couple of different options in there and make sure I change it when I need to.

For the favourites part, I have done that within pocketbook. It seems to me there is a thread somewhere in this forum where someone had created a script that could be used to do the favourites but I have not done that. I found it easy just to link it to a folder. We'll see how it works as my library gets bigger. I have done a couple of tests where I saved more books to the folder via calibre. Then when I opened my favourites in pocketbook, the new books links were already there since it was to the folder.

Jodi
Old 08-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
mcrmama
Addict

If you tag your books using bulk editor then you can highlight a group of books and add the genre tags you want. Then if you send over by tag you will have a folder for that genre. That will only work though if you are only using one tag for the book. You still can do the bulk tagging though. You can also make a catalogue that will show all your books by genre. So for me I only send over by tags for certain things. The rest I send over by author/series/title. I hope that makes sense.

Jodi
Old 08-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrmama View Post
...[snip a bit]... With the favourites, now I can link to the catalog folder so that even if the contents change, I don't have to change my favourites since it links to the folder instead of the individual file. ...[/snip]
Jodi
Heh. I love it when people post stuff they find about these readers!

It never dawned on me to make my "To Read" folder a Favorite link. What a time-saver! As I have that folder buried pretty deeply in my books folder ... it took me a lot of clicks to get there. Now, as a favorited link - I'm right at it.

Thanks [again], Jodi, for the tip.

Please, keep "playing" with your toy as I enjoy reaping the benefits of your explorations ... and subsequent posts.
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
mcrmama
Addict

LOL, now you are getting to know my personality. I love figuring things out. When I learned to knit, I went in full force and my first project was a hat knit in the round. From there I went on to soakers, shorts, hats and sweaters for my kids. I change the patterns and make them my own. Just so much more fun playing.

I definitely will continue playing. My dh asked me to give him a tutorial when he finishes the paper book he is working on. Hopefully I have set his up in a nice easy way to find things so he will enjoy using it.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I feel ignorant, but I've seen the term "dh" used 2-3 times the last few days on here (maybe all your posts), but I have no idea what it is an abbreviation for...
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #8
mcrmama
Addict

Dh is dear husband