Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #31
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbomb View Post
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies Series #1)
by Pittacus Lore

is today's Nook Daily Find. It can be downloaded for $2.99
Amazon price matched this:

https://amazon.com/o/ASIN/B003SE75ZS

I grabbed it. Looks interesting.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #32
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Kindle Science Fiction & Fantasy Daily Deal (US) is Blood of Dragons by Robin Hobb, the latest book (#4) in her Rain Wilds Chronicles series for $1.99
Quote:
The final volume in Robin Hobb's popular Rain Wilds fantasy series, Blood of Dragons completes the story of the dragons, their keepers, and their quest to find the lost city of Kelsingra—and the mythical silver wells that the dragons need to survive.

Can Tintaglia and the Elderlings unlock the secrets of the ancient city? Or are they doomed to extinction?

The world of Robin Hobb’s Rain Wilds series has been praised by Booklist as "one of the most gripping settings in modern fantasy," and Publishers Weekly called the Rain Wilds books "a meticulously realized fantasy tale" and "a welcome addition to contemporary dragon lore."
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #33
Brendan Moody
Groupie
Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD 8.9 4G LTE, LG Ultimate 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Kindle Science Fiction & Fantasy Daily Deal (US) is Blood of Dragons by Robin Hobb, the latest book (#4) in her Rain Wilds Chronicles series for $1.99
Note that previous books in the series are also fairly low-priced: Books 1 and 3, Dragon Keeper and City of Dragons, are $4.74, while Book 2, Dragon Haven, is also $1.99. Unlike the new book, these ones have been low-priced for a while, and will presumably stay so.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #34
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Decided to bite on this as I have the first three in the series from previous free/bargain promotions (in EPUB though)... I got the following email after my purchase:

Your recent purchase of a science fiction or fantasy Kindle book has qualified you to own or gift select science fiction or fantasy Kindle books for $1. The promotional code has already been applied to your account. For redemption instructions, and additional information including offer restrictions, visit http://www.amazon.com/sci-fideal. This offer is only available to customers with a billing address located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Taxes apply in some states. Your promotional code expires at 11:59 pm Pacific Time on October 9, 2013.

Last edited by hwlester; 08-11-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #35
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I'll give $2 to Robin any day, she's my favorite author. Even though I have the hardcover. I'll wait to see if B&N pricematches tomorrow (prefer native epub over stripping/converting mobi).
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I'll give $2 to Robin any day, she's my favorite author. Even though I have the hardcover. I'll wait to see if B&N pricematches tomorrow (prefer native epub over stripping/converting mobi).
I agree about the EPUB, but this is a Kindle Daily Deal, so it will be back to normal price tomorrow and if B&N doesn't price match today... it's unlikely they'll drop the price tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #37
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
B&N pretty much never price matches. If the publisher drops the price, B&N generally has it 3 hrs before Amazon (different time zone).

Hope you grabbed it today at Amazon....
Old 08-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
B&N pretty much never price matches. If the publisher drops the price, B&N generally has it 3 hrs before Amazon (different time zone).

Hope you grabbed it today at Amazon....
Oops, didn't notice it was a daily deal. NBD. Have the hardcover anyway, like all of Robin Hobb's books.

BTW: I was looking for ebooks today and I noticed that Janny Wurt's first few books in the Wars of Light and Shadow are pretty cheap. (Harper-Voyager)

Curse of the Mistwraith is $.99 (book 1) and the Ships of Merior is $1.99 (book 2). Been reading the paperback of Ships of Merior as I'm clearing out a lot of paper books (moving to a small place). Warhost of Vastmark (book 3) is $3.99 ($3.79 at Amazon) and the rest go up to $5.99 so I guess they're just trying to get you started reading.

I'm not the hugest fan of this series - despite being a big fan of Feist/Wurt's Empire trilogy - but I thought I'd give it a re-read as I don't think I ever read past book 3.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 08-13-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
After the Battle on Starship Hill: Prologue to The Children of the Sky by Vernor Vinge is free at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J4C0OG/

Greg
Old 08-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #40
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
BTW: I was looking for ebooks today and I noticed that Janny Wurt's first few books in the Wars of Light and Shadow are pretty cheap. (Harper-Voyager)

Curse of the Mistwraith is $.99 (book 1) and the Ships of Merior is $1.99 (book 2). Been reading the paperback of Ships of Merior as I'm clearing out a lot of paper books (moving to a small place). Warhost of Vastmark (book 3) is $3.99 ($3.79 at Amazon) and the rest go up to $5.99 so I guess they're just trying to get you started reading.

I'm not the hugest fan of this series - despite being a big fan of Feist/Wurt's Empire trilogy - but I thought I'd give it a re-read as I don't think I ever read past book 3.
Thx. I'll check my library (and agree, the ones with Feist are better; need to see which of these I've replaced and weed out some paper copies later today - might sell off my nook color this week, too, if BAM will take it).
Old 08-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #41
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Curse of the Mistwraith is $.99 (book 1) and the Ships of Merior is $1.99 (book 2). Been reading the paperback of Ships of Merior as I'm clearing out a lot of paper books (moving to a small place). Warhost of Vastmark (book 3) is $3.99 ($3.79 at Amazon) and the rest go up to $5.99 so I guess they're just trying to get you started reading. .

Wouldn't you know it, those are the three I already have! Drat!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #42
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
The Biofab War by Stephen Ames Berry is free at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Biofab-War-Qua.../dp/B0075W8Z12

Greg
Old 08-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #43
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
After the Battle on Starship Hill: Prologue to The Children of the Sky by Vernor Vinge is free at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J4C0OG/

Greg
Thanks. This is also available at amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/After-Battle-St.../dp/B005J4C0OG

It looks like a teaser for a coming novel
Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #44
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Thanks. This is also available at amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/After-Battle-St.../dp/B005J4C0OG

It looks like a teaser for a coming novel
It is just a free preview. The novel has been out for a couple years.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #45
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
It is just a free preview. The novel has been out for a couple years.
Cool. I guess I won't be waiting if the hook takes.
Closed Thread