Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Stephen Fry's blog - Perfect fodder for the Reader

I posted a version of this in the Content forum a few days ago, but now that I have some photos available, I thought some more people might like to see it...

For me, I never felt like there'd be a huge amount of content that I'd want to convert for my new PRS-505, so I'd not researched too many of the available tools out there such as HTML2LRF.

However, since I discovered Stephen Fry's excellent new blog, that changed. His posts are so long and entertaining, I knew I wanted to read them away from the PC.

So, just to try it, I copied and pasted the text of his 3 posts so far into Word docs, and dragged them across to the Reader through the Library application. I have to say it worked VERY well indeed. For a very quick and dirty conversion, without installing any new software, I'm very happy with it.

I read all 3 posts+comments at the park today, in total comfort. Each of them was over 200 pages long at the "L" setting so it was very worthwhile couple of minutes doing the conversion.

Here's the gallery of my pictures (including my home-made "softcase"). And here's the photo of Mr Fry's post "I Give Up" on the Reader...
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
I agree with you on everything regarding the blog, a pure delight - except that I simply save the entries on the Iliad as HTML only (via Firefox) and then read it with FBReader. Works for me. Is there still no HTML viewer for the Sony?
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
html2lrf does a really nice conversion job.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
html2lrf does a really nice conversion job.
When I get my own PC back out of storage (I'm currently using my work laptop at home, cos we thinned the house out for moving) I'll probably give that a try. For now, this worked admirably, so I can't complain.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo View Post
Is there still no HTML viewer for the Sony?
In a word, no.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert