Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Zardis
Edge User

Problems connecting to Wi-Fi

Hi everyone. I just got this tablet yesterday and I have been trying to update the software but the wi-fi keeps disconnecting all the time. The internet connection is fine because my phone and my computer run with it smoothly with no problems at all but the Pocket Edge doesn't even start downloading the update then it gets disconnected. Not mentioning that (I don't know if it is part of the functions of the pocket edge or not but) it keeps shutting down the wi-fi connection when it gets locked for not using it for a while too.

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardis View Post
Hi everyone. I just got this tablet yesterday and I have been trying to update the software but the wi-fi keeps disconnecting all the time. The internet connection is fine because my phone and my computer run with it smoothly with no problems at all but the Pocket Edge doesn't even start downloading the update then it gets disconnected. Not mentioning that (I don't know if it is part of the functions of the pocket edge or not but) it keeps shutting down the wi-fi connection when it gets locked for not using it for a while too.

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Go to menu network and WiFi WiFi settings and set it to never turn off until you manage to get the update. It shuts off when the screen is off to save battery life.

Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Zardis
Edge User

Thanks for the reply. The internet connection in the device is fine. Now the problem is kinda different. I left it downloading the update and a while ago I checked and it said 20% downloaded. I just went to check and it said 15% downloaded. Then it immediately disappeared then started installing again. It has been doing that very numerous times. :/

Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardis View Post
Thanks for the reply. The internet connection in the device is fine. Now the problem is kinda different. I left it downloading the update and a while ago I checked and it said 20% downloaded. I just went to check and it said 15% downloaded. Then it immediately disappeared then started installing again. It has been doing that very numerous times. :/
Is it downloading or installing?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Zardis
Edge User

sorry at that last part I meant downloading.

It has just been downloading but never finished the download.

Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Reboot then to clear the failed temp file. Make sure WiFi is set to never time out, and sleep settings are the longest available and restart the download.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Zardis
Edge User

Thanks.

I will set the sleep setting the longest available, I have already rebooted like 10 times or so. Thanks for all the help

Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
Filark
Edge User

You might also try very late or very early in the day. That works better for some people.

Good luck!