Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
How do I Create a Python Plugin?

I renamed the file ___plugin.py, and saved it as a zip file. Then I went to plugins, and browsed for the zip file, and clicked add. Nothing happened. Does the zip file have to be in the same file as Calibre?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I see it did add the plugin, and I customized it with my PID, but it is still giving me an error message. Can anyone help?
Old 12-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
A little information about the error and what you're trying to have the plugin do (what component it deals with and what not) would help.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

It is a plugin for dealing with azw drm. I got it from someone who says it works, but when I put it in, customize it with my PID and hit convert, I get the same old "Have to remove DRM first" error message. I would love to convert my entire library. Don't want the script - just want to know how to get it to work!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That plugin will only run on import not convert. You have to er-add your DRMed files to calibre (note you only need to re add the mobi/prc file not re-create the entry for the book)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
It is a plugin for dealing with azw drm. I got it from someone who says it works, but when I put it in, customize it with my PID and hit convert, I get the same old "Have to remove DRM first" error message. I would love to convert my entire library. Don't want the script - just want to know how to get it to work!
Same happens for me. I double checked that the "on_input" was True.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Same happens for me. I double checked that the "on_input" was True.
What I had to do to get it to work was remove the book format from Calibre. Make sure that the plug in was added, customized with PID, then read the book.
Also, you need to make sure that the script is looking for the correct file type. When I first got a hold of said script it was written for .prc and I needed it for .azw.
Line 203 is the one you need to look at
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
What I had to do to get it to work was remove the book format from Calibre. Make sure that the plug in was added, customized with PID, then read the book.
Also, you need to make sure that the script is looking for the correct file type. When I first got a hold of said script it was written for .prc and I needed it for .azw.
Line 203 is the one you need to look at
Interesting, I always change the file from .azw to .mobi before going the command line route. I'll make the changes and give it another try. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Interesting, I always change the file from .azw to .mobi before going the command line route. I'll make the changes and give it another try. Thanks!
What will happen is that you import book.azw, calibre will import it, remove the drm, and change the extension to mobi... you will end up with book.mobi in your library
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
What will happen is that you import book.azw, calibre will import it, remove the drm, and change the extension to mobi... you will end up with book.mobi in your library
It works! The book I had been testing would not convert. I double checked and it's not Topaz. I tried a different book and worked like a charm.

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Great! I will use it going forward - I was just wanting to remove DRM on my entire library (I have removed it on about half, the other half came from Amazon, so it works on my current reader). Sounds like a fun weekend with mobidedrm6!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
It works! The book I had been testing would not convert. I double checked and it's not Topaz. I tried a different book and worked like a charm.

Thanks!
Daffy, could you tell me what you did differently? I still get an error message. I am moving the book from Calibre to my desktop, and then importing it from there. I keep getting the DRM error message.

I had about 5 to do tonight, and I was dissapointed I couldn't get Calibre to do them. But then I realized 3 of them were TPZ!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I found the problem. I have to change the extension from mobi to azw first. Then it worked.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Daffy, could you tell me what you did differently? I still get an error message. I am moving the book from Calibre to my desktop, and then importing it from there. I keep getting the DRM error message.

I had about 5 to do tonight, and I was dissapointed I couldn't get Calibre to do them. But then I realized 3 of them were TPZ!
Sorry, I was out. I see you found the answer but I'll tell you what I did anyway. I opened the plugin with Idle and searched for "prc". I changed that line from this:

Code:
file_types          = set(['prc']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied to
to this:

Code:
file_types          = set(['azw', 'prc', 'mobi']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied
Now I don't have to change the file extension.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Gee, Daffy, I think you can be forgiven on Christmas Eve! Thanks - I live to do my own programing!!!
Merry Christmas, Debra