Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I was not aware of this.
Has anyone been able to download it? Kindly keep me posted and I will check with my publisher in the meantime. Thank for the info dreams.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

Ok, talked to few people who were able to download from amazon, whew! Also, my publisher will have it available shortly in epub format as well.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #18
Williamlk
Guru

So Happy! I Just got a great review!

Hey all,

I had to share this. I just recieved an awesome review!

The Voice delivered much more than I expected. I was intrigued by the vivid descriptions of the characters and their interesting journey. The suspense was gripping. The twists and turns were nail biting and I was really not expecting the ending. Great bargain for a really good story! I have recommended reading this to others and will surely read it again. Can't wait to read more from William L.K.

Wow! I'm so happy!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Quote:
Mobipocket formatted books can be read with the Mobipocket Desktop Reader. In spite of the fact that Amazon.com owns Mobipocket, if you buy a Mobipocket ebook file from our store, it's unlikely to work with your Kindle. You'll have to take that one up with Jeff Bezos. You'll know you bought a Mobipocket book when the file extension is ".prc"
Interesting. The Kindle reads .prc files as well as .mobi files. I wonder if they have their own special flavor of DRM? The Kindle can't read non-Amazon DRM'ed mobi files.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Interesting. The Kindle reads .prc files as well as .mobi files. I wonder if they have their own special flavor of DRM? The Kindle can't read non-Amazon DRM'ed mobi files.
I do not have a Kindle, so I was very confused by this also. Especially, since Mobipocket is owned by Amazon.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #21
Williamlk
Guru

I am still so confused! Why is it that readers have successfully downloaded .mobi files on their Kindles and other devices? I don't get it.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
A quick rundown:

Anything that can be read electronically (epub, mobi, lrf, rtf, even txt) is an ebook. Take a look at any random book on Project Gutenberg as an example.

The Amazon Kindle is one ebook reader out of many. Check the forums below and you'll see one for each of the major brands of ebook readers.

The Kindle uses some version of .mobi (not being a Kindle user myself, I can't tell you exactly which one).

Due to Amazon's DRM, only the Kindle and various Kindle-on-whatever apps can read that flavor of .mobi. This leaves the rest of us (about 3/4 of the ebook-reading public) out in the cold.

Therefore, a lot of people want either a non-Kindle-specific ebook format, or a DRM-free ebook format they can convert, or preferably both. DRM-free epub is generally considered the best in that case, because it can be turned into pretty much anything else.

I hope that helps some.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #23
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
A quick rundown:

Anything that can be read electronically (epub, mobi, lrf, rtf, even txt) is an ebook. Take a look at any random book on Project Gutenberg as an example.

The Amazon Kindle is one ebook reader out of many. Check the forums below and you'll see one for each of the major brands of ebook readers.

The Kindle uses some version of .mobi (not being a Kindle user myself, I can't tell you exactly which one).

Due to Amazon's DRM, only the Kindle and various Kindle-on-whatever apps can read that flavor of .mobi. This leaves the rest of us (about 3/4 of the ebook-reading public) out in the cold.

Therefore, a lot of people want either a non-Kindle-specific ebook format, or a DRM-free ebook format they can convert, or preferably both. DRM-free epub is generally considered the best in that case, because it can be turned into pretty much anything else.

I hope that helps some.
Thank you, that does help.
I guess I just don't understand how Amazon manages to still be so popular.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #24
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
effectively .prc and .mobi are the same; and .azw is similar ..... but with a few knobs on ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #25
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
effectively .prc and .mobi are the same; and .azw is similar ..... but with a few knobs on ?
Thank you for the info.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #26
Williamlk
Guru

The Voice at Amazon uk kindle store

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TheVoice/dp/...4468746&sr=8-1
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #27
Williamlk
Guru

I'm so happy!

I was just made aware that the book is now available in epub format for the first time!

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/the-voice/12661143
Old 09-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
Williamlk
Guru

Just wanted to say Thanks for all the hits! You have all been great with feedback and if it wasn't for this forum I would never have been able to finally get the book into epub format...So THANK YOU!!!!!!

On the whole, I would have to say, you are all pretty cool!

I'm very glad I joined!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #29
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Exclamation Formats

Info on various ebook formats;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...e-book_formats
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #30
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuse Me, Miss View Post
William, It was a pleasure having you featured on http://excusememissptd.blogspot.com/...illiam-lk.html these past few days. Hope it gave you a bit more exposure! I actually have your novella on my TBR list, as well. Looking forward to checking out more than the sample on AMazon.
Thank you sir, I appreciate the work you are doing for indie authors.
Keep up the good work!

Tags
kindle, science fiction, science fiction book, the voice, william l.k.