Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
klineber
klineber began at the beginning.

Device: palmone tungsten e2
palm & Project Gutenberg

Hello!
I'm trying to get started reading with my Palmone. I discovered the possibility on Project Gutenberg. When I first started looking on PG it would let me put the books on my quick install of my older Palm software. Unfortunatly my Palm software would not download properly to my new computer so I could not sync. So I went to the Palm website and downloaded the latest Palm 6.2 software and can sync my Palm to my computer now. Then when I went back to Project Gutenberg to get my books it says that access is denied to Plucker and Mobi versions. This did not happen with the older Palm software. Is there some problem with the new Palm software or with PG? How can I get both to work at the same time? Do I need to download Plucker or Mobi? Wow I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I don't. Seems like I figured out just enough to frustrate myself. I hope someone can help!
klineber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
bump

I have a friend with almost this same problem and would like to know if anyone can answer
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
klineber

I figured it out. The new palm software opens files differently, I just downloaded plucker and synced it to my palm. Then when you go to get the book from Project Gutenberg you save it insted of running it. Then use the install tool to sync the book to the palm. Then it is located under plucker in applications. I also downloaded ereader for free from ereader.com for when I want to purchase books.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks, my friend e-mailed me last night that she had checked the Plucker option on Project G and it worked for her also.

Thanks, klineber, for coming back to post this.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
klineber

Happy to help!
Advert