Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Dava
Enthusiast
Dava began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy I5700 Spica, Kindle 3
Hack to unlock the Text-to-speech?

Is it possible to unlock the text to speech feature so that I can listen to borrowed "non-DRM" books?
Dava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
waller4343
Enthusiast
waller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle DX, K3, iPad
Which book is it? I haven't heard of a "non-DRM" book that had TTS disabled. The default is TTS ON - it's an active choice and effort to disable TTS - and is usually done by a publisher to protect audiobook sales. But I would think the easiest way is to run it through a conversion with something like Calibre since it isn't DRM'd.
waller4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If TTS is disabled, then there is a flag set in the MOBI's metadata. One possible fix is to use Calibre to convert to ePub and then back to MOBI.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote