Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2015, 04:25 AM   #1
_iso9001_
_iso9001_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Unhappy Kobo Glo Touch and Wait Not Working

Hello All,

I have been using Kobo Glo for almost 2 years and I am really satisfied but I can no more use the dictionary effectively.

At first, I was pressing and holding a word for a few seconds until an underline appears. After the appearance of the underline, the dictionary was popping out and I was able to read the translation. However, after some updates, I realized that I can no longer highlight the text. I am still pressing and holding a word, say for 10 seconds, but the highlight and underline is not working.

I can use the dictionary from the Dictionary on the bottom right options but it takes too long and I have to write the word I am translating.

Is somebody else having this issue, too? What can be the problem?

Regards

PS: My software version is 3.17.3
_iso9001_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:47 AM   #2
_iso9001_

O.K. The problem seems to be related with mobi books. Epub format works fine. Is this behaviour normal?
Old 09-07-2015, 05:30 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Mobi support is not great on a Kobo. Happily, they convert with no trouble at all to epub. Calibre is the best app for that.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:29 AM   #4
_iso9001_

I have converted the mobi ebook to epub with Calibre. This time, the dictionary works but my custom (Turkish - English) dictionary seems to fail. I will reload the dictionary and re-try.

Thank you.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:31 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, while lots of formats are supported, not all functions are supported for all formats. It looks like selection and hence dictionary lookups are not supported for MOBI. As meeera said, convert to epub or kepub using calibre is the solution. Overall, you will have a better reading experience with these formats.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:09 AM   #6
_iso9001_

O.K. The problem is solved but it is 9/10 (not 10/10). After converting from mobi to epub, I was able to highlight my selected word and also I could use the dictionary, however, the dictionary was malfunctioning. I uploaded my custom dictionary again and it works just fine. The only downside is I cannot use the default English-English dictionary. I will look for a solution for that but for now, my main problem is solved.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Tags
dictionaries, highlight, kobo, kobo glo, not working