Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
bpwhistler
bpwhistler began at the beginning.

Device: Palm III, IV, Treo, Centro, MacBook, iPod Touch...and someday a tablet
Adding non-Amazon content to K4iPhone

I have a bunch of books I've purchased through the years for various formats. Through the "magic" of some python scripts, I can now read these books on any reader I choose. Currently I'm favoring K4Mac and K4iPhone. I don't have any problems getting content (not purchased from Amazon) into the K4Mac software. I can't figure out (or find anywhere) a method of getting these books into my K4iPhone software. Is it possible? if so...please share the good news!

I moved this thread to Apple Devices and received an answer...it's not possible on the iPhone unless it's jailbroken.

Last edited by bpwhistler; 04-28-2010 at 12:57 AM.
bpwhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
TWiTCommander
TWiTCommander began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
afaik, k4iphone (and k4android) can only be used for reading books purchased from amazon, i.e., no side-loading. it is not a general purpose ebook reader app. you have to download the books directly from amazon's servers though the app.
TWiTCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Apple forum. This is not about the Mobi file format.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 AM   #4
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
If your ebooks are unDRMed .mobi files (the .azw format is generally a .mobi) then it's doable. But you have to have a jailbroken device.

Use iPhoneBrowser/SSH on your computer to get to your iPhone and navigate to /private/var/mobile/Applications/(... Kindle app directory ...)/Documents/ and copy your .mobi or .prc ebooks there.

They'll be detected when you run the Kindle app on your iPhone.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #5
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I do not understand why you want to use Amazon application when Stanza (free) has all the Amazon features and a lot of more...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Plus one to rfog above.... Stanza is not as pretty as the Kindle app, but has way more features and you can read all your books in it.....

I use iBooks, Kindle App, Stanza and Goodreader (for PDF's)... but most of the time Stanza... it is just easier to deal with......
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
My experience is that the Kindle app handles links in ebooks that were originally in mobi format much better.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote