Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
PP on a MacBook?

Hi, I'm thinking of converting to a Mac, just wonder if PP is compatible..
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Yep. I use Ubuntu Linux with the PP and no problems. The Pocket Pro when connected will just come up like a removable drive as it does under Windows when you plug it in to your new Mac.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur

what is ubuntu linux? sorry i am not very techie.. does it mean i have to download something.. or can i just plug in my PP right after i start up the macbook and use it as per normal?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Yep you're right, Ubuntu is Linux. With MacOSX you will be able to just plug in your PP and it will automatically show up, no need to download anything.

If you have bought or intend to buy ebooks (DRM ADE) you will need to as you would have done under Windows is download Adobe Digital Editions, but for MacOSX. The Adobe site will detect you're using a mac and provide you with the correct version. There is even a port of Calibre for MacOSX if you're into converting ebooks.

Just out of personal curiosity, which Mac are you looking at? I've been toying with the idea of going down the Mac path in the near future.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur

OMG sounds damn complicated =X i actually have no idea what you are talking about except that I can use PP without any prob =D

I am looking at the MacBook Pro 13 inch.. (actually thinking of the white macbook too.. its specs pretty good for the price)... But my only concern now is actually reading chinese .txt on mac os.. seems like there's alot of problems with it..
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
I use MacBookPro 17" Late 2008 with Snow Leopard.
PP works fine on
1. Transfer files as removable disk
2. Transfer DRM PDF & EPUB via ADE
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote