Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
Randa2060
Randa2060 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 700bc
library (Not responding)

I have had be prs 700 for about a month or so and have for about two weeks been unable to access my reader form my library, every time i click on the reader button the ebook library stops responding , i dont know if this is a computer problem or an ebook problem.
if any one could give any adivce on how to solve this or has had a simular problem plees let me know
Randa2060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I had a similar problem where the Ebook library software would not launch. I went to the Sony site and was able to use their help pages to unistall the software and reinstall it. There are quite a few steps involved, but process starts here:
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...200%2075195281
Good luck! It took me awhile and I have no idea what I did to cause the problem in the first place, but everything seems to be working fine now.
Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Randa2060
Randa2060 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 700bc
i just tried that and it still is not responding, i can get into the e library just fine, but when i click the tiny triangle beside the reader button on the side panel under ebook store in the ebook library, the the tiagle turns but not completley then the elibrary says its not responding, so i cant access my ereader through my elibrary i dont know whats going on but its starting to frustrat me
any help that could be provided would be much apreciated
thankyou!

Rand
Randa2060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Rand - I know it that it can take sometime to load. I've gotten the "Not Responding" message before, especially when I am loading a number of books to my reader, but when I waited a little while it started working again. I think the message can come up even when the program is actually working in the background.

However, if you wait a while and it still is not responding, I would contact Sony. Although, my experiences with Sony through email were completely useless. When I asked my questions in detail, they gave me quick answers that came straight from the user's guide as if I couldn't figure that out for my self. Unfortunately, the answers weren't in the guide - I had to figure them out myself. Perhaps a phone call would be a better way to go.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Check out the PRS 700 forum. There are a lot of great minds there who might be able to help.

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote