Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #91
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
If you use different passwords for each account then why would you bother changing? Isn't that the point of having different passwords?
Because they say you have to. It's not optional.
I wish Sony would let me delete my card. They are the only store I know of that does not give me that option.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #92
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Ditto, and sometimes I don't remember what my name, bday and country of residence is
I also hate security questions, because I forget what my favorite restaurant/food/pet was at the time I set the account up.
It's funny, I can never remember my favorite color or food or even the city I was born in! Thus, I have to keep records of it all.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #93
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
My mother's maiden name isn't my mother's maiden name either and it changes too and for questions like "favourite whatever" I tend to use thing like white goods model numbers or something just as irrelevant

Last edited by Yolina; 10-08-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #94
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
* rant start*

If I didn't love Dreamweaver and Fireworks the way I do, I'd call this a reason to abandon them.

*rant end*
You are aware that Fireworks has been end-of-lifed, right?

http://blogs.adobe.com/fireworks/201...fireworks.html

>we are not planning further feature development for Fireworks

You may want to look at Underdog: http://www.tribaloid.com/ --- I'm hoping it will develop into a FreeHand replacement, but I'm not holding my breath.

It kills me that Adobe was allowed to buy Macromedia 10 years after a judge told them they couldn't buy a competing vector graphics program for ... 10 years.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #95
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
You are aware that Fireworks has been end-of-lifed, right?

http://blogs.adobe.com/fireworks/201...fireworks.html

>we are not planning further feature development for Fireworks

You may want to look at Underdog: http://www.tribaloid.com/ --- I'm hoping it will develop into a FreeHand replacement, but I'm not holding my breath.

It kills me that Adobe was allowed to buy Macromedia 10 years after a judge told them they couldn't buy a competing vector graphics program for ... 10 years.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
I am so upset I can't even write anything smart now. Why, WHY would they stop developing it?!
PS: I never got over the fact that Adobe bought MM. It made me as sad as when HP bought Compaq.

... I'll go hide in a corner and cry now...

Last edited by xendula; 10-08-2013 at 10:15 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #96
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Vala, the Sony account and the Adobe ID are 2 separate things. You can and should have different passwords for each one. I always have.

To confirm this, because I couldn't remember what I had done to sign into my Sony account from a Sony app, I downloaded the Sony app onto my iPhone and it is now asking me for my email and password to the Sony account, not the ADE email and password. I'm not going to follow through because I hadn't wanted this on my phone, I just did this to see what would happen. The next step might be ADE authorization.

Your changing the password for ADE will not affect the Sony ebook store account.
I just tried signing on sony ebook store account and it won't let me sign on. Also I clicked on forgot password two different times and got the link and tried again to setup the new password. No go. I just wanted to see what was on the account. I am pretty sure no charge card.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #97
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I just received the email and plan to check it is legitimate.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #98
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Over the last 5 days, since post #26 in fact, I've logged in and out of Adobe twice with no problems or threats. Today I login and get the reset password message & email. Adobe must be going through their userbase and checking it in some odd way. I've had an Adobe account since about 1998 (I think) so I wondered if they were processing stuff in date order.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #99
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arithonne View Post
If you lose access to your old ADE account and you get a new computer, couldn't you just open a new ADE account with a different email? If you liberate your purchased books, then you'd only have to re-authorize your readers to the new account for library books, but that's probably less of a hassle than having to call Adobe help.

Or am I missing something?
The computer, on which I installed and used ADE, died last spring, and I never reinstalled ADE on my notebook. I am wondering if I necessarily have an account with Adobe, and if so, what information they would have?

Would ADE have been associated with my B&N account, which I believe required my credit card number to be associated with my account?

I haven't noticed an email from Adobe, and I've been wondering if they have an old address that I'm not currently using.

Other than B&N, I think I only used ADE to read Epub library books.

I wish I could remember more about all of this stuff. I set it up so long ago on my old computer and I just don't remember any of the details, like what personal information I had to add and even whether or not there was anything else I used it for, besides library Epubs and perhaps(?) B&N ebooks.

Is there anything else I should know about this or actions I should take? T.I.A.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #100
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
The computer, on which I installed and used ADE, died last spring, and I never reinstalled ADE on my notebook. I am wondering if I necessarily have an account with Adobe, and if so, what information they would have?
You'd have an Adobe account if you ever activated your copy of ADE. Activation would have been needed if you downloaded any DRM'd ePub's from places like Kobo, Books on Board, the public library, etc. As to what info they'd have. When registering for an Adobe ID they ask for your email address, first & last name and a password.

Quote:
Would ADE have been associated with my B&N account, which I believe required my credit card number to be associated with my account?
No, ADE wouldn't be associated with your B&N account. Newer versions of ADE (2.0+) can be used to read B&N ePub's, but it's not used for downloads and your CC info is only used by the app locally to decrypt the book file. B&N ePub's are either downloaded directly to one of their devices or apps or directly from the B&N site from your web browser with no additional software needed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #101
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You'd have an Adobe account if you ever activated your copy of ADE. Activation would have been needed if you downloaded any DRM'd ePub's from places like Kobo, Books on Board, the public library, etc. As to what info they'd have. When registering for an Adobe ID they ask for your email address, first & last name and a password.
It would be nice if Adobe had done someting so sensible. But they still allow ADE to be activated by tying it to the current installation, not an Adobe ID. Meaning that loss of that installation of ADE also leads to loss of access to all ADE books downloaded through that installation of ADE.

It's possible to buy ADE encrypted ebooks without having an Adobe ID. Unfortunately.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #102
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's possible to buy ADE encrypted ebooks without having an Adobe ID. Unfortunately.
Did not know that. I had an Adobe ID long before ADE so I guess I'd never encountered that. Seems a bad way of doing things, just like the old Mobipocket system (I guess Amazon still uses that system in some form).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #103
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Seems a bad way of doing things
There is certain subculture of folks, many on these very forums, who object to giving out 'private' information for registrations of this sort. NOT needing an account is an ideal pairing for those who strip DRM and who try to play close to the vest. If you're going to strip DRM immediately anyway, it doesn't matter if you can't ever decrypt in ADE again, and I bet these folks would object if Adobe suddenly required an account.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #104
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
There is certain subculture of folks, many on these very forums, who object to giving out 'private' information for registrations of this sort. NOT needing an account is an ideal pairing for those who strip DRM and who try to play close to the vest. If you're going to strip DRM immediately anyway, it doesn't matter if you can't ever decrypt in ADE again, and I bet these folks would object if Adobe suddenly required an account.
There are such folk, but IMO they're a tiny minority compared to people who just don't bother getting an Adobe ID, and then later find out they've lost access to their books.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You said it!

I don't get why I have to change my password from Sony. Maybe somebody who uses their reader can explain? I only buy books from them and that very rare when I do.
Because some people use the same UN/PW at Sony as they do Adobe.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote