Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-26-2004, 09:48 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
John Kerry - The New Soldier

Available online for free at
http://johnkerrythenewsoldier.blogspot.com/

The site says...
Quote:
Just after JOHN KERRY came back from Vietnam, he wrote the book THE NEW SOLDIER.

The book is out of print. John Kerry does not allow the publisher to reprint it.

To make a rational decision on November 2, you need to have all available facts.

You can now read John Kerry's THE NEW SOLDIER online for FREE.
Disclaimer: The posted reference links to a web site that could potentially have content that conflicts with copyright protections. While we felt it in the best interests of our members to post this link, please respect copyright law with regard to your usage.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

I am thinking that,even though the book is out of print,there is still a copyright issue here and this link should probably come down.

Peace,

David
Harpgliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2004, 12:29 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks David for the heads up.

As the site has more info than just the book content, I'll leave it for now. I expect that someone will contact the blog creator if it is not appropriate, and some interesting materials may remain even if the book itself is removed.

Alex... if you have any concerns, please feel free to remove the link.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I agree 100% that it's important to hear all the facts -- especially in such an important election year. As a matter of fact, you might check out Sen. Kerry's '71 Congressional testimony, which will air on CSPAN tonight at 8pm Eastern.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:08 AM   #5
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Hi,

I was concerning myself more with the issues of copyright than the political issues.

Could we put a disclaimer in the first post "The posted link may post material that may violate copyrights,we felt it in the best interests of our members to post this link.

In these times it is best to have all the facts and we hope you respect the copyrights of the material posted at the above link."

I too agree with knowing all of the facts but was concerned with how these are being posted.

I really feel that having the link up sets a bad precedent.

Just my opinion and I won't stop coming here but "knowing the facts at the expense of breaking copyrights" does not seem a reasonable argument to me.

Peace,

David

P.S. Just want be clear that I am not trying to say how things should be run here.

Alexander and the moderators here do a great job and much better than I could.

I just do not want to have this great site and it's great reputation besmirched by post the link in the first post.

Last edited by Harpgliss; 08-27-2004 at 10:35 AM.
Advert
Old 08-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Harpgliss,
Thank you for your input. As you can see, I've modified the post along the lines you suggested. I appreciate your comments, your support of this site, and for providing your input in a positive and supportive manner.
Take care!
BobR
Old 08-27-2004, 11:21 AM   #7
Harpgliss
Member Retired

Hi,

Thank you,looks much better now.

Peace,

David