Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #646
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
How about some instructions for cropping the double-paged scans for newbies or maybe new feature in the future ?
At some point I hope to make more instructional videos featuring the Windows GUI. There are now two options that can split out a double-paged scan into separate pages: 1. the -grid option, and 2. the -cbox option. For usage, see this page.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #647
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
Is it possibile that some of this Visual are causing some issues with the GUI? because I can't see it anymore.

[Image exceeds guidelines - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-15-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #648
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Is it possibile that some of this Visual are causing some issues with the GUI? because I can't see it anymore.
I don't understand your statement. What exactly can you not see anymore? Does the GUI not come up when you double-click the Windows icon? Can you maybe post a screenshot?

Last edited by willus; 11-25-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #649
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I don't understand your statement. What exactly can you not see anymore? Does the GUI not come up when you double-click the Windows icon? Can you maybe post a screenshot?
Yes, I can see the taskbar icon and the process through the task manager. But no GUI screen.
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #650
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Yes, I can see the taskbar icon and the process through the task manager. But no GUI screen.
I'm not sure how to help you. I don't even know what the graphic you included with your original post means (with all the "Microsoft Visual C++..." bars)...? What application is that from? Can anybody else offer any clues? Can you please say what exact OS and which flavor (64-bit, 32-bit, etc.) of k2pdfopt you are running? Does an older version of k2pdfopt work? Is anybody else experiencing anything like this?
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #651
fionakong
fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle
Chinese or Japanese text (vertically formatting)

Hi Willus,

How to handle Chinese or Japanese text that the layout is vertically formatting (i.e. the text read from top to left then next line is on the left)?

I am sure this question was asked before, please bear with me that I cannot find where it was mentioned. Many thanks.
fionakong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #652
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Possibly your antivirus software is interfering with k2pdfopt launching? I've had this happen on newly compiled programs with Symantec where I've had to tell it to ignore a particular program. You might try temporarily disabling your antivirus software.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #653
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionakong View Post
Hi Willus,

How to handle Chinese or Japanese text that the layout is vertically formatting (i.e. the text read from top to left then next line is on the left)?

I am sure this question was asked before, please bear with me that I cannot find where it was mentioned. Many thanks.
Actually, I'm not sure this has been asked. It's no trouble either way. Try using -mode 2col and -r (right-to-left). Screenshot for GUI config attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2col.png
Views:	202
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	115792  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #654
fionakong
fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.fionakong got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Actually, I'm not sure this has been asked. It's no trouble either way. Try using -mode 2col and -r (right-to-left). Screenshot for GUI config attached.
Many Thanks Willus. I will try it out.

Your program is great, thanks for developing it!!
fionakong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #655
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I realized recently that there was no wiki page for this product in our wiki. I created one!

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #656
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I realized recently that there was no wiki page for this product in our wiki. I created one!

Dale
Good stuff. I've already made some edits. Thank you, Dale.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #657
jdofo
jdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic somethingjdofo has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Willus!

Thank you very much for your effort making your program, even for free. It's a magnificent idea!

Anyway, I don't know why but I can't make it work correctly for a Kindle PaperWhite. The new optimised pdf looks fine in the computer after the program conversion (choosing Kindle PaperWhite as the device within your program; last version from November), but when I try to read it in my device, it's at low resolution and with the right margin distorted. Unfortunately, it makes it unreadable. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for the feedback!

Cheers and keep up the good work

P.S: I got the same error with the previous version (September, if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited by jdofo; 11-27-2013 at 09:42 AM.
jdofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #658
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
...The new optimised pdf looks fine in the computer after the program conversion (choosing Kindle PaperWhite as the device within your program; last version from November), but when I try to read it in my device, it's at low resolution and with the right margin distorted. Unfortunately, it makes it unreadable. What am I doing wrong?
@jdofo -- It's difficult to tell what's going wrong for you. Could you please post an example of (1) a PDF you are trying to convert (the source file), (2) the converted file, (3) a photo of how it looks on your KPW, and (4) any special options you are using for the conversion? If you don't want to post these things publically, you can send me a private message.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #659
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.11 released

This is a minor bug fix for the MS Windows GUI only. See the web site for details.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #660
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: kobo glo
From two week when i start the gui in windows it is reduced to icon in windows bar. I can't see the gui, it doesn't appear. how i can fix it?
sage79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools