Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Volcanoes and my kobo touch

It looks like delivery of my new kobo touch has been held up because of a volcanic eruption in Chile. Can someone please go and put a cork in the volcano so I can start reading on my new gadget? I find it hard to believe that the ash has come all the way round the globe to us, not once, but twice! Flights cancelled for the next couple of days....
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
yum9me
yum9me began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I suppose that's what has happened to mine too. The dang ash cloud has been messing with my national parcels being delivered as well.

I've been patiently waiting for mine to arrive while watching everyone else talk about their devices. I wish it was here already.
yum9me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #3
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
Unfortunately when I ordered by Touch about a week ago, Borders lost the tracking number (my tracking number is 0000000000. I have not contacted them yet). I am therefore just waiting for my order to arrive, unsure of when it will come or if it is held up because of the volcano
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
yum9me
yum9me began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
Unfortunately when I ordered by Touch about a week ago, Borders lost the tracking number (my tracking number is 0000000000. I have not contacted them yet). I am therefore just waiting for my order to arrive, unsure of when it will come or if it is held up because of the volcano
I think they were too busy or lazy to give us tracking numbers. The tracking number they gave to me is #0000000000 too.
yum9me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #5
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same here, they told me they don't issue tracking numbers for international shipments. I'm not worried yet, just impatient!
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #6
Benjamin Buford
Nameless Being

Don't worry... right now that's happening to me too. I contacted them and this is the reply I got:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borders Customer Care
We are really sorry but, the reason why the tracking number you received is in all zero(0) because at this time, tracking information is not available for international orders.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:01 AM   #7
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Coincidentally, when I purchased my HTC Desire from the UK in April last year my phone was on one of the last planes to leave Paris for Shanghai prior to ALL flights out of Europe being grounded by the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
You're from New Zealand buying a north american product and somehow it is held up because of volcanic eruption in Chile?
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...cano-ash_n.htm
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #10
kiwipippa
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
You're from New Zealand buying a north american product and somehow it is held up because of volcanic eruption in Chile?
Yes. It happened last week as well as the ash came round the globe for the first time. Then again yesterday and today as it came round for the second time, and now they are saying it could come round a third time as well.

And for anyone that knows their geography New Zealand is WEST of Chile and the ash is travelling EAST - so it has travelled a tremendous distance. Australia is (or at least was) also affected.

(Actually, all I know is that flights have been cancelled due to ash and that my kobo is in transit between the US and New Zealand so has probably been held up - I ordered 12 days ago and usually goods from the US arrive about now).

Last edited by kiwipippa; 06-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Well, I would rather be delayed by ash then by a darn Canada Post lockout. No mail delivery here at all right now. Of course the lockout isn't making people with respiratory illnesses sick.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #12
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
that's real globalization...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #13
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Same thing here on the other side of the Tasman. Looks like my KT has been held up by the recent Melbourne, Adelaide whatever airport closures.
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 AM   #14
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Ditto for John in Sunny Carnarvon as well, sadly.....
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlyth View Post
Ditto for John in Sunny Carnarvon as well, sadly.....
For some reason I never associate Carnavon (Wales) with sun!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote