Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
brysio
brysio began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
content server error

(sorry for my bad English)

I have problem with content server, and in connection with this with transport ePubs to my iPad.

After i start content server i can use all functions on the same computer except Rating, after press Rating link i got error:

Code:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 606, in respond
  File "site-packages\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\server\utils.py", line 51, in do
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\server\browse.py", line 198, in do
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\server\browse.py", line 504, in browse_catalog
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\server\browse.py", line 395, in browse_category
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\server\browse.py", line 378, in browse_sort_categories
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\server\browse.py", line 378, in <lambda>
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\icu.py", line 60, in icu_sort_key
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, int found
Additionaly i cannot connect via Stanza from Ipad - still Searching in Sharing mode

It appears after 0.7.34 installing.
brysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
rating will be fixed in the next release
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I can connect OK from Stanza on the iPad. I would guess that it is probably your firewall that is blocking the connection. Are you specifying a fixed IP address in Stanza or letting it try and find the Content server automatically. I have found that the fixed IP approach tends to be more reliable.

Having said that I find that it tends to be much more convenient most of the time with the iPad to do USB transfers via iTunes to iBooks. You lose the remote access facility (as iBooks does not have it), but you get much better integration with Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Fix has been submitted to Kovid.

Edit: oops -- I see that he has already done it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote