Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Connochaetes
Connochaetes began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
How to disable demo mode? [SOLVED]

Hi all,

I know there have been similar discussions about other models, but I'm still unsure how to proceed.

I bought a PRS-300 from Waterstone, UK. I didn't realize it was in demo mode until I returned home, to an Eastern European country.

I'm worried about just trying out any hacks, as Sony eReaders are unavailable where I live and I'd hate to lose it. Sony refused to support me as I live in a region where the device isn't sold.

Thank you for any advice on this.

EDIT: The hard reset did the trick. Thank you very much!

EDIT 2: Actually, Igorsk found a way to do it without the reset. Never mind

Last edited by Connochaetes; 09-30-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
Connochaetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Have you tried a hard reset. Instructions from Sony for the PRS-300 are here.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Connochaetes.

click on any of the links below for newbie help.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try doing the hard reset.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Okay, I spent some time digging in ebook.so and found the "offical" way that doesn't involve hard reset.

To enter or exit the demo mode on PRS-300, do the following:

1. Power off the Reader.
2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using a paper clip, press the RESET button.
3. Turn on the Reader.
3. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold the Center in the directional button (aka Enter key) and the 1 button until you see the home screen.

To check if you're in the demo mode, look at the "Settings" menu item. If you have "9 settings", you're in demo mode. Normal mode is "8 settings". The ninth "setting" is the demo screensaver.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 04:22 AM   #6
chris_tribble
Enthusiast
chris_tribble began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
This is really helpful - but I'm working with a Sony PRS-350 which is stuck in Demo mode - bought at Dixons at Heathrow - I'm now in Hong Kong on my way to China and I'd like to sort it out.

Grateful for any help or advice...
chris_tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.20091107 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Sony PRS-350 pocket reader
Smile enter or exit the demo mode on Sony PRS-350 pocket edition

To enter or exit the demo mode on PRS-350, do the following:

1. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using a paper clip, press the RESET button.
3. Turn on the Reader.
3. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold both the turn page right (2nd button from the left) and the zoom button (4th from the left) until you see the home screen.

To check if you're in the demo mode, look at the "Settings" menu item then “About”. In the Device Information section the listing for version will show the firmware version and if it is demo mode or not.

Tested on my SONY PRS-350
20091107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo mode