Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #346
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
About the only thing the T2 has going for it now is the page-turn buttons along with the touch screen! I see a lot of people on the Kindle threads complaining about no page turn buttons. I have a 650 and I do use both touch turns and the buttons, but I'm not sure I would miss the buttons that much... not that I thinking about switching...

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #347
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
As much as I love my Sony ereader (T1), they are going to have to offer up something soon to compete with Nook, Kobo, and Kindle. I mean, how could they have dropped the ball with the front light? It's mind-boggling to think that. On top of all of that they still charge more than the others.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #348
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
As much as I love my Sony ereader (T1), they are going to have to offer up something soon to compete with Nook, Kobo, and Kindle. I mean, how could they have dropped the ball with the front light? It's mind-boggling to think that. On top of all of that they still charge more than the others.
I was wondering the same thing. Still I'm not going with the new Kindle or Kobo. I think I'll stick with my T1 & KT till next year.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #349
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
If it's any consolation, when you look at the Kindle thread, you'll find folks there are as "meh" about the new kindle as we are about the T2. I've never liked the fact that Amazon readers are so limited in things you can buy, however, I have to say from what I've seen the paperwhite looked kind of impressive. (Not that I'm going to buy one).
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #350
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
But it comes with a Harry Potter coupon.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #351
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
If it's any consolation, when you look at the Kindle thread, you'll find folks there are as "meh" about the new kindle as we are about the T2. I've never liked the fact that Amazon readers are so limited in things you can buy, however, I have to say from what I've seen the paperwhite looked kind of impressive. (Not that I'm going to buy one).
I agree. As much as I just love my PRS-350s, if the Paperwhite supported epub, I'd probably buy one as soon as they were out. And there's nothing about the T2, as was the case for me and the T1, that I see as an improvement to make me want to buy it at all. I still much prefer the 350 with PRS+ over the new Sony ereaders.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #352
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Same here. I really wanted a glow screen.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #353
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I bought a T2 today. And I really love it. I love how you can get software-updates without pc/sd-card, the improved contrast, mat finish and no flash to black anymore! I didn't plan to update, but my t1-screen irritated me enough to do it. It has 2 black spots that won't go away. Maybe two tiny cracks? Anyway, I'm happy now

Last edited by Joy736; 09-08-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #354
redneck eyeball
redneck eyeball began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
I got my T2 a couple of days ago.
The software is such a huge improvement over the T1. I love how I can now create collections in a way that actually makes sense.
redneck eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #355
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Has anyone experimented with a B&N epub to see if they've updated the ADE on the T2 to a version that reads it?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #356
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
As soon as the Kobo Glo is on the shelves I will check it out, the missing light was my biggest gripe. I mean Sony tried to alleviate that in the 700 with underwhelming success, but it is still top on my most wanted list.
Higher resolution would have been nice, but not necessary.
The Glo has both and in the same price range.
2012 seems to be the year of lighted ebook readers and Sony just stepped out and said just rename the T1 to T2, matte the bezel, make it look cheaper (in my opinion the T2 is ugly) and add "social" features.
The Kindle Paperwhite looks nice, but as an ePub reading European I'll take a look at the Kobo, their firmware can't be that much worse the T1s shortly after it was released...
If I was younger and less cynical, I would just pre-order the Glo blindly, but - better take a look first.

EDIT:
One thing I might really miss, though are the page turn buttons, I have to see, if I can use the Glo one handed...
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #357
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck eyeball View Post
I got my T2 a couple of days ago.
The software is such a huge improvement over the T1. I love how I can now create collections in a way that actually makes sense.
What's different about collections on the T2 compared to the T1?

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #358
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Man, I really wanted a higher res screen on the new Sony. The glow light might'be been nice too if it didn't bother my eyes.

I don't plan to abandon my Sony readers, but I will be highly tempted to try the Kobo for reading in bed. The Sony lighted covers are nice, but in bed it is a pain to close them quickly enough when a cat threatens to tromp over your reader screen!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #359
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Still I'm not going with the new Kindle or Kobo. I think I'll stick with my T1 & KT till next year.
I'm thinking the same thing. My curiosity is piqued though and would like to see how the T2, Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo Glo 'read' side by side.
If functionality on all 3 is great, then I guess it just would come down to preference and price!?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #360
redneck eyeball
redneck eyeball began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
What's different about collections on the T2 compared to the T1?
On the T2 when I add books it only shows books that aren't already part of other collections. It makes it a lot easier to navigate.

I should also mention that the T2 is a LOT faster thant he T1, a lot more responsive to screen swipes etc.
redneck eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote