eeloh
eeloh began at the beginning.

Iliad viedo on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nuKBdXMpM0
eeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
mrbonheur
mrbonheur began at the beginning.

Many thanks for having posted this video. Thank God I took some dutch lessons last year
mrbonheur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
FYI for anyone that wants it here is a partial translation:

Quote:
The introduction: “a firm related to Philips” … “invented epaper, which might make all this superfluous.” [points at printing presses]

[Explanation of how the electronic paper works; click the image of a newspaper article, and the article will be displayed. The device uses only very little electricity.]

Voice over: “Are regular paper readers as enthusiastic as the reporter?”

Lady behind the register: “Sure, looks OK.”

Blond lady: “I often go to the beach, and a big newspaper is clumsy to hold there, whereas this,” [she accidentally drops a 650 US$ Irex Iliad to the floor] “does not flap in the wind.”

Older man: “That’s not for me, I cannot read it.”

Sitting smoker: “I prefer regular paper.”

Interviewer: “Why is that?”

Sitting smoker: “Well, because I can take it whenever … er, OK, I can also take this,” [points to the Iliad] “whenever I want of course … er, I think it is just a matter of habit.”

The reporter then has to wrap up with an obligatory conclusion: “But a regular paper, on a Saturday morning, at the breakfast table: I would not want to miss that yet.”

My take: I do not see why the breakfast table couldn’t also be the electronic newspaper.
(Translation nicked from Teleread: http://www.teleread.org/blog/?p=4498 )

Last edited by Riocaz; 05-23-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
yep...nice video, but VERY old!!!
it has been posted here and on the teleread blog about 4-6 weeks ago.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
In all fairness to eeloh, I couldn't fine any record of it over here.

I knew I had seen it before on Teleread, and it's a different link so he wouldn't have known.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2006, 03:42 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
No biggie. I could watch that video again and again
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
yeah...that reporter is cool...^^

but iu actually prefer the Channel 4 vid...it shows more "usage"
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #8
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
yepp - it is an "old" video, but translation was new for me.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote