Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #16
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Just a note, bookeen resently moved, i'm not sure that number is still valid, unless they ported it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
oh! blother - surely they would have kept it ??????
Catch me if you can...
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
Catch me if you can...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #18
Garo
Garo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus
Yesterday 10/22/09 Bookeen finally replied to my complaint from 9/25/09.
Frankly, I had thrown in the towel already and was looking in different direction, specifically at the new Nook from Barnes & Noble. It seems cooler and cheaper.
But still have decided to give it a shot by trying to follow their advice and asked my relative to check his broken Cybook again. After the battery was disconnected, reconnected and fully charged the device began working again! He said that he checked the contact before, so I thought the battery was fine. Apparently it was not connected properly and discharged.
Nevertheless I would expect customer support to respond before the customer gets totally frustrated after almost a month of complete silence.
Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #19
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Okay, my query was answered quickly

Sent: Sun 10/25/09 6:50 AM
Recieved: Mon 10/26/09 5:44 AM

And they answered both of my questions...
uhm, maybe the mails need to be less of a wall of text and more structured....(coming from a wall of text master !)
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #20
MichaelGade
Banned
MichaelGade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MichaelGade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MichaelGade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Ah... Bookeen and support.

Those two words does not go together.
Its like military and intelligence, or sober and Irish. Hey I'll even throw in Adobe and EPub.
'Aint no such thing.
MichaelGade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Just for fun I did a test of the Bookeen support inquiring about the crashing issue of the Opus and when the new firmware would be available (evil I know!).

I e-mailed them on the 20th October and got a reply today (the 28th). So from that end it doesn't seem too terrible. Slow, yes - but at least they did answer.

Oh and for those interested in the reply:
Quote:
We apologise for our late answer.

The firmware upgrade will indeed resolve this issue. Please note that our technicians are still working on the firmware upgrade, it is being finalised and will be available on bookeen.com in brief delays.

Best regards,

Bookeen Support Team
I really like the unspecified "brief delays" part.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Just for fun I did a test of the Bookeen support inquiring about the crashing issue of the Opus and when the new firmware would be available (evil I know!).

I e-mailed them on the 20th October and got a reply today (the 28th). So from that end it doesn't seem too terrible. Slow, yes - but at least they did answer.

Oh and for those interested in the reply:

I really like the unspecified "brief delays" part.
At least they emailed you back. No reply for me (same question).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #23
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
At least they emailed you back. No reply for me (same question).
They know we´re one big family
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Yeah, if you know one MR member, you know'em all ...
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #25
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
They know we´re one big family
They might have a backlog of e-mails regarding the same issue. To be honest I wasn't even expecting an answer based on what other people reported.

This just makes me a little bit more secure in my choice of the Opus - just a *little* bit. Who knows, perhaps by the time my Opus arrives (should be around middle November) the firmware will be out...
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #26
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
They might have a backlog of e-mails regarding the same issue. To be honest I wasn't even expecting an answer based on what other people reported.

This just makes me a little bit more secure in my choice of the Opus - just a *little* bit. Who knows, perhaps by the time my Opus arrives (should be around middle November) the firmware will be out...

by then it should be IN !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #27
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Bookeen support? Is that not an oxymoron?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #28
Truttebol
Book worm
Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
They might have a backlog of e-mails regarding the same issue.
And they definitely must have a (e)book of english synonyms for "soon"

very soon, shortly, presently, before long, in brief delays, etcetera.

Truttebol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #29
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truttebol View Post
And they definitely must have a (e)book of english synonyms for "soon"

very soon, shortly, presently, before long, in brief delays, etcetera.

you've missed one ....

When we get "aroundtoit" .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 AM   #30
Truttebol
Book worm
Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
you've missed one ....

When we get "aroundtoit" .....
Thanks GeoffC, I will add it to the Bookeen English Synonyms (e)book list.
Truttebol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, cybook opus, support