Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Okay, so what species are you?
Human 10 17.54%
Nominal 4 7.02%
The blue one, next to the fish 10 17.54%
Squirrel 2 3.51%
Cat 2 3.51%
Dog 5 8.77%
That's a personal question! 12 21.05%
Animal 3 5.26%
Vegetable 1 1.75%
Mineral 3 5.26%
Gibbon 2 3.51%
Duck 1 1.75%
moderator 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #31
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
So we need another vote?

Are you:

a) A hedgehog
b) not a hedgehog - but something else
c) not a hedgehog - but nothing else
d) definitely not a heghehog. My signature says so.
e) definitely a hedgehog though my signature says different
f) definitely a hedgehog, but my signature cant speak
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #32
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
In the "Similar Threads" feature at the bottom of the page are three listings for Harvard Classics Volume 11 (in three formats LRF, PRC, and IMP) which contains Charles Darwin's Origin of the Species as well as the stand alone version of the same book in LRF.

I do find it to be a gross miscarriage of justice that "Hippo" was not included among the choices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hippo1022.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	13745  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #33
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you:

a) A hedgehog
g) not a hedghehog - but a hippo
h) a hiphog - a hedgehoggy hippo or a hippolike hedgehog
Old 06-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Your appreciation of zoology is pretty limited there pshrynk.

I am grizzly bear, from my scout totem name "Interested Grizzly". Contrary to beliefs, I love peace. But if challenged...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #35
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
many of the ladies i've known were hard as stone but liked diamonds
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #36
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Fruit. Or possibly nut.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #37
tirsales

Nut? Isnt that spelled with an 's'?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Are you:

a) A hedgehog
excellent poll, tirsales. you would have to pick "e", right ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #39
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I am frequently a hedgehog in Second Life.

Which suddenly has me thinking whether anyone has an ebook store in SL??

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #40
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I am frequently a hedgehog in Second Life.

Which suddenly has me thinking whether anyone has an ebook store in SL??

No, seriously:

That's a great idea! Everything in the game is already electronic, so an ebook store would sell a virtual reality ebook reader as well as vr ebooks.

Oh, god, that was a good laugh.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #41
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Are you:

a) A hedgehog
Dinsdale!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #42
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Dinsdale!
Sorted:

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dinsdale

note the suspicious proximity to the only MR member who explicitly *claims* not to be a hedgehog....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinsdale.png
Views:	284
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	13758  

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-23-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #44
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
No Android choice. Typical. I'm so depressed.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
No Android choice. Typical. I'm so depressed.
yep. you and the hedgehogs.

this survey is fundamentally flawed. it turns out the question of species is significantly more complex than that of gender (which can usually be englobed using fewer than 20 choices).

ps. hi Planet Head ! so glad you're back ! we missed you !

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness