Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Arrow M92 New Multitasking Feature. First pictures

Hi, guys.

IT WORKS!!!!

The new mutitasking feature is almost finished.

here I have recorded a video, showing how it works:

We still need to polish it, but finally it works stable and quick.

Last edited by Booxtor; 04-12-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Yay!
My profound thanks to you Booxtor and Onyx team.

Honestly this is the only product, that i have bought, which has received good support of this magnitude

Last edited by Feher; 04-12-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
from me, as well.

It seems like this new feature has been a lot of work. But I assure you: It was worth it! The multitasking feature looks great and it's extremely useful - I love it already before I have used it myself, because I extremely often run into those situation, where I have two documents that I need alternately over and over again...

The ongoing support is definitely outstanding and I really appreciate this, thanks again!
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
Just-read
Just-read began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi, guys.

IT WORKS!!!!

The new mutitasking feature is almost finished.

here I have recorded a video, showing how it works:

We still need to polish it, but finally it works stable and quick.
This one of the feature that i am waiting for android porting or ereader eink with android system. It is important feature for academic reading. Thanks a lot.

Booxtor: do you have any information about android porting. Or new onyx with android .
Just-read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #5
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Thank you very much.

Very important this update.
If he came accompanied with resolution of bugs discussed here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202753 would have a nearly perfect firmware.

Regards and on with the job.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #6
MatthiasR.
M92 user
MatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Onyx M92
Thanks a lot! Looks nice and remarkably fast. It will certainly be a great feature.
I wonder: Do you keep open books in RAM to allow for fast reopening? How do you handle e.g. 20 open pdfs?
MatthiasR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #7
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Says "Video currently not available" - could you perhaps upload it somewhere else? vimeo is a great hoster.

Edit: Works now, I suspect it must have been an issue on my computer. Great job with the multitasking. Also, it's a good idea to allow quick access to the task list in just 2 clicks, rather than hiding it in the menu, somewhere. Looking forward to it!

Last edited by ManDay; 04-13-2013 at 01:32 PM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #8
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Very nice, thanks. Is it now possible to open two (or more) copies of the same document?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Well done, Booxtor! Looking forward to it!
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Moinchen
Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
That's fantastic! I'd love the task list (together with an entry for 'Add task' or 'New task' or so) to pop up when I tap on an icon in the bottom bar - that would be much faster than the way you chose to present in the video :-) (but the menu way should remain, as I don't always use the stylus) - maybe that is already possible with the configurable bottom bar icons?...
Moinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
axiomize
axiomize began at the beginning.

Device: onyx m92
Multitasking & Toolbar

Hi Booxtor!

This multitasking feature looks very very nice! I have the m92 since Christmas (actually, I ordered it beginning of December, but my kids hid it from me until Christmas :-) and both my eyes and my back are very very grateful. I use it heavily for (both scientific and recreational) reading, going over my own articles and preparing classes! It makes me very happy.

There is only one feature I miss very much: a configurable toolbar. For example, in the pdf reader I only use

* searching,
* last page,
* scribble
* erase.

(I would also like to use bookmarks, but I don't really know yet what I'd really need user-interface-wise...)

For a second example, in the scribble application (I didn't try peterx's yet) I mostly use

* scribble
* erase

currently I need several clicks with the stylus to switch between these tools, which because of the space limits and my personal memory limit makes me sometimes forget what I actually want to do.

I have no idea how difficult a truly configurable toolbar is to implement. But at least, could we have a button for the task-manager in the toolbar?

I am so grateful for the continuing development! Even if both of my personal wishes are too difficult to do, I'm very happy with the device!

All the best,

Martin
axiomize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
amb
amb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 (keyboard), boox M92
Awesome but since multitasking will require resources depending on the no. of pdfs opened and their size, do you know if Onyx will release a new M92 with better ram and proc ?
amb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
Multitasking feature looks really great. This will also work voor I62, am i correct? I switch a lot between pdf's, multitasking makes that much easier.
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #14
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
A great feature, thanks.
But does it work OK in 128MB devices too?
And as stated Fraylocus would be event greater if older bugs are solved too. I prefer first solving bugs and latter add more features

Last edited by Manolo; 04-14-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I like this ! It's was I want.

If the small bugs are solved and the PDF reader improved for the EPUB (set the margins and may be the font), it will be perfect

Thank you Booxtor.

Last edited by Randy11; 04-15-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote