Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
rinconj
rinconj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx, nook simple touch, sony prs-950, onyx m92
Has anyone tried a 64GB SD in a M92?

Even though the user's guide says it supports up to 32GB, I wonder if it works? If it does, I'll buy a 64GB SD just to be used with my M92.
rinconj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M92 supports SDHC-Cards. Their maximum capacity is 32GB.
Cards with capacity more than 32GB are SDXC-Cards which are not supported by M92.

I think M92 will not recognize an SDXD because they are formatted as exFAT. SDHC-Cards have a different format FAT32.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Maybe, if SDXD is formated to FAT 32 (which is not possible in Win, I guess, without using non-M$ tools.), it might work.

I have a device which officialy supports only SD (up to 4 GB). I may use in it SDHC up to 32 GB. And maybe even SDXD, I didn't try.

So, the conclusion is. Someone has to try it in M92 (and format the card to FAT32 first).
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
@medvedev: many sdhc readers do read sdxc cards, because the two standards are actually extremely similar.

@rinconj: I can't give you a reliable answer though, because I didn't test sdxc cards in my M92 yet - only 32gb sdhc cards and those work great.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote