Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Unhappy Sorry to Bother

I'm sorry to bother yall with this question but I kind of got stuck. Facebook was running perfect for a while and then started crashing and taking several attempts to open. So I figured that I must have installed something that was conflicting with it. I uninstalled all apps that I didn't use and the problem still existed. So I figured I would uninstall and reinstall the Facebook App. I did this through Settings/Applications/ManageApplications. I did it in Apps, Running Apps and All. Still the program is there. How do I get rid of it completely so that I can reinstall? Can anyone offer any support? Thanks -Micky
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
I'm sorry to bother yall with this question but I kind of got stuck. Facebook was running perfect for a while and then started crashing and taking several attempts to open. So I figured that I must have installed something that was conflicting with it. I uninstalled all apps that I didn't use and the problem still existed. So I figured I would uninstall and reinstall the Facebook App. I did this through Settings/Applications/ManageApplications. I did it in Apps, Running Apps and All. Still the program is there. How do I get rid of it completely so that I can reinstall? Can anyone offer any support? Thanks -Micky
It's possible that it's a system app (I believe its part of the google apps package and won't be able to uninstall totally.) I would suggest installing Titanium Backup, which should let you 1) make a backup of your current APK, 2) Remove all the data currently associated with your installation and 3) let you install it clean without any of the data.

You'll need to reassociate your account, of course, but everything should be clean after that. If it still crashes, I don't know what else to suggest but moving over to Google+
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Another thought - is it possible you had two 'Facebook' apps installed? This is possible and happened to me. Make sure you look through the All tab for any remaining Facebook app and then Uninstall it.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
...So I figured I would uninstall and reinstall the Facebook App. I did this through Settings/Applications/ManageApplications. I did it in Apps, Running Apps and All. Still the program is there. How do I get rid of it completely so that I can reinstall? Can anyone offer any support? Thanks -Micky
Check for an app named 'App Remover' on Android Freewarelovers.com, has not failed me yet.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Check for an app named 'App Remover' on Android Freewarelovers.com, has not failed me yet.
I second that recommendation - it has worked every time for on my EE.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
The newest FB update has been giving people plenty of problems running, it helped me just staying at a ver1.6.4 and not updating. Sucks bc I like a few new features my phone has, but its just fb.

Freewarelovers has a bunch of older versions. Here. I have 1.6.4 atm, works fine again.
ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
UPDATE: i never got it all the way off. i signed back on to what was left and it works fine. it is the original one that i downloaded. the only drawback is the first item on the news feed always says that there is a more recent version available, click here to download. i can live with that i guess.
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote