Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
rezidue
rezidue began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Chapter selection in .mobi

I'm having an issue trying to select chapters in the table of contents for a a mobi file. I know I can put it into other readers and the hyperlinks work properly but when I view it on my ez pro I can't seem to cycle through the hyperlinks. Is there a key I'm supposed to hold down? I'm able to use the menu and chose go to link but then some of the hyperlinks are numbers and in an odd in complete way. I'm running the new firmware and hadn't had a mobi book to test with prior.
rezidue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
If they work at all, they work by showing numbers to push, not cycling.
Menu item 6 puts mobi's into Hyperline mode and puts a number beside each link. Then enter the number and press OK.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
rezidue
rezidue began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
It's odd the way that it numbers the hyperlinks. I load the mobi into a desktop reader and each line in the chapter index is one hyperlink to the right page. On the PP it doesn't number some lines and others might have a hyperlink for each of 3 words used in the name of a chapter.
rezidue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I do not have that problem but I'm using the old firmware from Dec 11. It puts a little number by each link. It could be the book or a new firmware issue. I've yet to upgrade my PP till the kinks are all worked out. I only use MOBI files and all my TOC works fine.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The ittty-bitty numbers are also in the new firmware.

Why it's implemented in such an arcane fashion is beyond me.

Educate me, please.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The ittty-bitty numbers are also in the new firmware.

Why it's implemented in such an arcane fashion is beyond me.

Educate me, please.

Don
The itty-bitty numbers beside the hyperlinks are so you can choose them individually. I'm assuming you mean in the mobi/prc format. The epub/pdf format gives you a second underscore which you must then "page" to with the 0 and/or 9 key, then press OK. To turn the page you must use one of the other two methods on the side of the PP. Which is better is up to you....
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote