Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #1186
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I'll see about the compress or rebuilding directly the index.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:40 AM   #1187
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
One of the indexes in the database is corrupt. If you do a compress it should fix this. Part of the compress is to rebuild all indexes.
Compress hasn't solved it. I thought yes because, after compress, I did a database backup and no problem but, when I've connected the device this morning, the same problem again and, without doing anything, the manual backup has worked. Reindex has worked, however.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #1188
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@davidfor,

I tried to configure Kobo Utilities 'Customize:Other' tab to have 'Library button default' set to 'Configure Driver'. However when I press the KU icon in my toolbar it takes me to 'Customize plugin' instead.

Alternatively, if I select Driver - Configure Driver via the KU icon's menu arrow, it correctly displays the driver config as expected.

I include below the contents of my Kobo Utilities.json file.
Spoiler:
{
"MetadataOptions": {
"language": false,
"update_KoboEpubs": true,
"mark_not_interested": false,
"descriptionTemplate": "plugboard:{#pages:|<div>Pages: |; }{#words:|Words: |</div>}{tags:|<div>Tags: |</div><hr/>}{comments}",
"author": true,
"title": true,
"descriptionUseTemplate": true,
"series": true,
"published_date": true,
"rating": false,
"publisher": false,
"setRreadingStatus": false,
"readingStatus": -1,
"subtitleTemplate": "",
"usePlugboard": true,
"titleSort": false,
"description": true,
"subtitle": true,
"authourSort": false,
"resetPosition": false,
"isbn": true
},
"Devices": {},
"dismissTilesOptionsStore": {
"tileRecentBooksFinished": true,
"tileRecentBooksInTheCLoud": true,
"tileRecentBooksNew": true,
"tileOptions": {
"Recommendations": true,
"Library": false,
"Award": true,
"QuickTour": true,
"Bookstore": true,
"Extras": true,
"WhatsNew": false,
"Shelf": false,
"RecentPocketArticle": true,
"RelatedItems": true,
"Sync": true,
"CategoryFTE": true,
"GlobalStats": false,
"Top50": true
}
},
"updateOptionsStore": {
"doFirmwareUpdateCheck": false,
"firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime": 0,
"doEarlyFirmwareUpdate": false
},
"commonOptionsStore": {
"buttonActionLibrary": "Configure Driver",
"individualDeviceOptions": false,
"storeOnConnect": false,
"buttonActionDevice": "",
"promptToStore": true,
"doNotStoreIfReopened": false,
"storeIfMoreRecent": false
},
"backupOptionsStore": {
"backupZipDatabase": true,
"backupCopiesToKeepSpin": 5,
"backupEachCOnnection": true,
"backupDestDirectory": "C:/JSeBooks/WIP/Kobo/Backups",
"doDailyBackp": false
}
}

Here are the debug log entries resulting from me pressing the KU icon:
Spoiler:
DEBUG: 82.4 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 82.4 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG: 82.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 82.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouch'
DEBUG: 82.4 migrate_library_config_if_required - start
DEBUG: 82.4 get_library_config - library_config: {u'precentReadColumn': u'', u'SchemaVersion': 0.1, u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'profiles': {u'Default': {u'customColumnOptions': {u'percentReadColumn': u'', u'ratingColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u''}, u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'updateOptionsStore': {u'doFirmwareUpdateCheck': False, u'doEarlyFirmwareUpdate': False, u'firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime': 0}, u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'storeOnConnect': False, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': False, u'promptToStore': True}}}, u'ratingColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u''}
DEBUG: 82.4 ProfilesTab.__init__ - self.library_config {u'precentReadColumn': u'', u'SchemaVersion': 0.1, u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'profiles': {u'Default': {u'customColumnOptions': {u'percentReadColumn': u'', u'ratingColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u''}, u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'updateOptionsStore': {u'doFirmwareUpdateCheck': False, u'doEarlyFirmwareUpdate': False, u'firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime': 0}, u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'storeOnConnect': False, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': False, u'promptToStore': True}}}, u'ratingColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u''}
DEBUG: 82.4 get_library_config - library_config: {u'precentReadColumn': u'', u'SchemaVersion': 0.1, u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'profiles': {u'Default': {u'customColumnOptions': {u'percentReadColumn': u'', u'ratingColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u''}, u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'updateOptionsStore': {u'doFirmwareUpdateCheck': False, u'doEarlyFirmwareUpdate': False, u'firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime': 0}, u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'storeOnConnect': False, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': False, u'promptToStore': True}}}, u'ratingColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u''}
DEBUG: 82.4 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='individualDeviceOptions'
DEBUG: 82.4 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='buttonActionLibrary'
DEBUG: 82.4 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='buttonActionDevice'
DEBUG: 82.4 DevicesTab:refresh_current_device_options - Start
DEBUG: 82.4 get_pref - start - store_name='updateOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 82.4 get_pref - start - store_name='backupOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 82.4 DevicesTab:refresh_current_device_options - do_daily_backup=False, backup_each_connection=True
DEBUG: 82.4 DevicesTab:refresh_current_device_options - end
DEBUG: 82.4 ProfilesTab:refresh_current_profile_info - Start
DEBUG: 82.5 get_pref - start - store_name='customColumnOptions'
DEBUG: 82.5 get_pref - start - store_name='storeOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 82.5 DevicesTableWidget::get_data - start
DEBUG: 82.5 ProfilesTab:refresh_current_profile_info - end

Last edited by jackie_w; 09-30-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added debug log extract
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #1189
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That's working as expected. The button is hardcoded to open the plugin configuration if no device is connected. When I did that, there were no other options that worked when there was no device. But, the driver configuration or swapping drivers are sensible options, so I'll fix that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #1190
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
That's working as expected. The button is hardcoded to open the plugin configuration if no device is connected. When I did that, there were no other options that worked when there was no device. But, the driver configuration or swapping drivers are sensible options, so I'll fix that.
OK. Thanks
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #1191
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Hi.

I recently purchased a Kobo Aura One and I am trying to set it up so that the series are ordered correctly on the device.

I am using the Kobo Extended driver and the Kobo Utilities.

I have it set up so that a collection is created with the name of the series is the book is part of a series.

When I try to do the order series shelves, it tells me that the shelves are bing reordered, but it doesn't change the order on the device. I have tried all the different sorts, and not of them show it sorted correctly.

I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #1192
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Hi.

I recently purchased a Kobo Aura One and I am trying to set it up so that the series are ordered correctly on the device.

I am using the Kobo Extended driver and the Kobo Utilities.

I have it set up so that a collection is created with the name of the series is the book is part of a series.

When I try to do the order series shelves, it tells me that the shelves are bing reordered, but it doesn't change the order on the device. I have tried all the different sorts, and not of them show it sorted correctly.

I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.
You are not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately, that function does not work with recent firmware.

The order series shelves is a cheat. There was an option to sort the collection by "Date added". I manipulated the date that was in the database for each book in the collection so that using the "Date added" sort put the books in that order. But, the "Date added" sorting broke in the firmware some time ago. I kept hoping it would be fixed, but in firmware 4.0, the option has been removed from the sort menu when viewing collection.

I'll disable or remove the option for firmware that it doesn't work for.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #1193
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, that explains it. Is date added the same as "Recent"? Because "Recent" still shows up on my menu.

Is there any way to tied it to another variable? I wouldn't care if you mucked with the author to get them in order. Something like XX-Lname, FName would be good.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:03 AM   #1194
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Ah, that explains it. Is date added the same as "Recent"? Because "Recent" still shows up on my menu.
No, "Recent" is something else and it is used in all the lists. It is associated with the book, not the collection. It is either the last time the book was read, or, if it has not been opened yet, when the book was added to the device. Because it can change, it isn't suitable to be manipulated.
Quote:
Is there any way to tied it to another variable? I wouldn't care if you mucked with the author to get them in order. Something like XX-Lname, FName would be good.
This can be done using a metadata plugboard. When the book is sent to a device, calibre can fiddle with some of the metadata. The metadata plugboads do this. A popular one is to add the series information at the start of the title. One of the other users here, jackie_w I think, adds it to the end of the author. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo...nd_Collections has some details for doing this, and there is more general discussion here in the calibre forum about it.

If you decide to do this, the Update Metadata function in the plugin can update the title or author for books already on the device. This can the metadata plugboard when doing it.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:34 AM   #1195
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Request for the next release.
To add to the tooltip of button what the output file Epub or Kepub, depending on "Enable Extended Kobo Features" is enable or disable .
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #1196
kaufman

Quote:
This can be done using a metadata plugboard.
That worked, thanks for the idea.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:07 PM   #1197
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Request for the next release.
To add to the tooltip of button what the output file Epub or Kepub, depending on "Enable Extended Kobo Features" is enable or disable .
I'll think about it, but I'm not really keen to. The problem is, how many options do you show like this? Lots of other options could be shown in the tooltip, and different people will think they are more important than this one.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #1198
ToOmS
ToOmS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello David, thank you so much for your work on this addon!
I was wondering if the plugin is offering a way to export a device's books list (as a CSV file for example). Or if there is a way to achive this feature.
I have several devices and would like to backup such a list in order to restore the books from Calibre when things go wrong.
Thanks for your support and ideas. Thomas
ToOmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #1199
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToOmS View Post
Hello David, thank you so much for your work on this addon!
I was wondering if the plugin is offering a way to export a device's books list (as a CSV file for example). Or if there is a way to achive this feature.
I have several devices and would like to backup such a list in order to restore the books from Calibre when things go wrong.
No, the plugin doesn't have a way to do it, largely because I don't think it's needed, and because there are other tools already around to do it.

Calibre can produce a catalogue for books from it's library. This is started from one of the options on the conversion button. I don't use it but you can use it to produce the catalogue based on either the selected books or the currently displayed list. You should be able to generate the catalogue when the device is connected.

If you want to look in you calibre library when the device is not connected and see what is on it, then that is easy as well. The simplest way is to add a tag to indicate which device it is on. When they are connected, select all the books and add the tag. Then remember to maintain that.

You can do this automatically with the Reading List plugin. It can populate a reading list when a device is connected. And it can add a tag to the books. It can also send books to the device from a list or keep the device in sync with a reading list.

But, personally, I always found this question a little strange. At one time I set-up reading lists to be automatically populated when the device was connected. But, I found I never looked at them. And when I did do a factory reset, I didn't use these lists to repopulate the device. What I do is to have a "Send on the connect" reading list for each device. When I add a book to my library, I add it to the list for each device I want it on. Same goes if I change the book in any way. When I connect the device, the books are sent without any action from me. That means that the answer to the question "what books are on a device?" is, the books I want there.

For the "things go wrong" scenario, well, they don't. I haven't needed to do an unplanned factory reset* for a very long time. I rarely see corrupted databases and when I do I have backups taken with each calibre connect. In the past, when I did factory reset more often, I took it as an opportunity to cleanup what was on the device. I keep good records of the reading status of all my books, so I just send the books that haven't been finished.

* I do lots of planned factory resets to test something. But, I take a copy of everything on book partition, do whatever I want to do and then restore the saved files.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #1200
p1r473
p1r473 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
You are not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately, that function does not work with recent firmware.

The order series shelves is a cheat. There was an option to sort the collection by "Date added". I manipulated the date that was in the database for each book in the collection so that using the "Date added" sort put the books in that order. But, the "Date added" sorting broke in the firmware some time ago. I kept hoping it would be fixed, but in firmware 4.0, the option has been removed from the sort menu when viewing collection.

I'll disable or remove the option for firmware that it doesn't work for.
Other than losing this feature, the Aura One is fully supported with this plugin?
I am thinking of upgrading from my Glo HD today.
p1r473 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities