Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Share your K3 photos

I've seen all of the "review" and official photos, but I'm interested to see your photos. If you've taken any of your new K3, could you do those of us who are waiting a favor, and share them here? Attachments are fine, or you can just link if you prefer. Something to make the wait a bit more bearable.. Thanks!
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Ugh.. Lazy bums! I'll go first then.

coolbreeze

Erinath

pjPonzo (@KindleBoards)

Steph H (@KindleBoards)

CaroleC (@KindleBoards)

stargzer0725 (@KindleBoards)

GreenThumb (@KindleBoards)

SkierChick (@KindleBoards)

dmfreck (@KidnleBoards)

Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
andothfc
andothfc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Gallery of my pics here, side by side with an iPad
andothfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
Mine next to my Nook are here.

Last edited by AdrianM; 08-28-2010 at 11:52 AM.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
tommyr
Just add water!
tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3
Here's mine! Got it yesterday! My first e-reader and I LOVE IT!

tommyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
The Kindle displaying text in landscape orientation

Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Nice photos, namebrandon.

I couldn't help but to notice your scale photo. My scale shows 8.2oz for Kindle 3 3G + WiFi. At first I though that it is off but yours also shows 8.1 which is less than official 8.7..

Anyone else seeing this?
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
I couldn't help but to notice your scale photo. My scale shows 8.2oz for Kindle 3 3G + WiFi. At first I though that it is off but yours also shows 8.1 which is less than official 8.7..
Anyone else seeing this?
It can be easily explained. Your screen has feather - hence 0.1oz difference. And Amazon dudes probably had picture of something little bit heavier when they weighted Kindle
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
Nice photos, namebrandon.

Anyone else seeing this?
I have the wifi only model and it weighs 7.8 ounces. So definately a bit less than they originally said.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Mine next to my Nook are here.
Great photos. Did you notice any difference in terms of screen contrast at all? I saw the side by side picture of your Nook and K3 and it seems the only thing different about them is that the K3 background is whiter. What do you think?

Edit: Nevermind the question just saw your reply in another thread.

Last edited by superstitious; 08-28-2010 at 08:39 PM.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #11
namebrandon
Connoisseur

Thanks for sharing everyone! Just to clarify, those aren't my photos, I'm still waiting for my Kindle. Those are just collected from other posts, and I put the name of the original poster above each set of photos.

Keep 'em coming, I need these to get me through the long wait (I'm in the Sept 17 batch! )
Old 08-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
tkbryant
tkbryant began at the beginning.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
tkbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
tkbryant

Old 08-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
tkbryant

Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstitious View Post
Great photos. Did you notice any difference in terms of screen contrast at all? I saw the side by side picture of your Nook and K3 and it seems the only thing different about them is that the K3 background is whiter. What do you think?

Edit: Nevermind the question just saw your reply in another thread.
I did some tests in my Kindle 3 Review and found that white is about the same among all eReaders, it's the black that makes all the difference.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote